Peretti's Thanksgiving Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
BTW: as we're creeping up on the season...be SURE to put Peretti's Thanksgiving Blend on your list of 'must have' orders for the Fall. It comes out in November on the Peretti website and it is absolutely a Do Not Miss event. So there.

Here's a link to Peretti's site

http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-tobacco

Remember...the stuff is not put out by Peretti til November. This is just to mark your calendar, etc.

thanksgiving.jpg

I missed out on this last year since I snoozed and loozed. And then out of the blue, RobJ sent me a very generous sample (more like 4 oz worth)!

Gotta say I'm very impressed with it and have been carefully rationing it. While it presents itself as an aro it really doesn't smoke like one IMO. Well worth acquiring, provided Peretti blends some up this year in light of the FDA deeming regs!

Cheers,

RR

I still have some from last year, bet it's still tasty. ;)
I only smoke it on Thanksgiving so it tends to last awhile.

Never had it, but I just ordered eight ounces. Have never had anything from Peretti I didn't like, so I feel comfortable with the order. And maybe it'll be a knockout, I'm thinkin'.

Probably my favorite holiday blend. Got my 4oz block this morning along with a little bit of Ebony.

I just ordered one for the first time as well as some Royal and D-9575. I love American English blends and am hoping the 9575 will work for me.

Got a 4 oz on it's way today. Missed it last year.

Looks like it should be an aro based on the top dressings, yet they're subtly applied and let the 'baccy character come through. A guilty pleasure.

8)

Called in my order, and was reminded about how curt and impersonal they can be there. Must be a Boston thing!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ftsezb6m said:

Looks like it should be an aro based on the top dressings, yet they're subtly applied and let the 'baccy character come through. A guilty pleasure.

8)

Called in my order, and was reminded about how curt and impersonal they can be there. Must be a Boston thing!

Cheers,

RR
Rande, I think you'll enjoy it. It's got a nice room note, but the flavor is mostly that classic top-notch burley taste. Nutty, woodsy, a bit sweet and very well balanced. If anything, the topping adds a bit of that slightly floral Uhles 255 kind of taste. Not as prominent though.

Right. Okay, okay. It's "floral" for lack of a better word. Not in a Lakeland way but rather in an old school American burley with a subtle topping kind of way.

Rande, if you don't like it, I'll send you a near 4oz of McClelland 2015 in trade.

This is a wonderful blend for the Holiday Season. I'm a Burley lover so I greatly appreciate this fine blend. Thanks for posting a reminder :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude said:

8)

Cheers,

I had a similar curt experience with a phone order, however when I actually stopped in the store during a trip to Boston they were friendly and helpful...maybe it's a phone order thing.

Blackhorse":vjbzoohd said:
D&B...do not mention floral notes to Rande. That'll kill it for him.
Well, I did have the opportunity to sample some of last years courtesy of RobJ. So I'm confident it doesn't have the dreaded "L" character.

Cheers,

RR

Thanksgiving Blend is for sale starting today through Thanksgiving. I already placed my order. I wanted to order some DD also, but I've reached my PAD/Tad limit this month already. :lol:

Didn't care for it at all. Doubt if it's the tobacco. Think my taster is whacked. Maybe a brain tumor. Liking things like Wilke's 191 just fine. Even SWR Aro. Weird scheiss, man. :scratch:

Richard Burley":hij1ci6t said:
Didn't care for it at all. Doubt if it's the tobacco. Think my taster is whacked. Maybe a brain tumor. Liking things like Wilke's 191 just fine. Even SWR Aro. Weird scheiss, man. :scratch:
:lol:

Just my opinion: Peretti's Thanksgiving cake has a very similar smoke and taste as Peretti's DD. SO THE THANKSGIVING CAKE looks like a pressed version of Peretti's DD.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Well, the Thanksgiving Day might look like a pressed DD but it’s like a Honda Accord looks pretty much like a Ford Fusion. Similar visual but different under the skin.

How about - the LADodgers look a lot like the Astros?

A Ruger Single Six looks a lot like a Super Blackhawk?

Wild Turkey 101 looks a lot like Amber Rum?

Hey this is fun! But it’s enough.

Just sitting around this morning with a GIANT bowl of Halloween candy. We had ONE trick or treater last night. Clear nice weather. What the heck!