Pete 304 Silver Spigot Addition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarBeagle

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Couldn't help myself when I saw this pipe offered up as an estate in near mint condition.  It's the second Pete I've ever had, the first being a Donegal Rocky pot shape with a p-lip stem.  I can recall being underwhelmed by my first Pete and I ended up passing it along to another piper.

This particular one struck me as very handsome.  As you can see, it's loaded with birdseye and crossgrain, has a sparkling sterling silver spigot system, and garnished with a brindle fishtail stem.  Also, this particular 304 shape is a bent sitter which is always a plus when one wishes to set their pipe down for a moment, and I imagined it would hang comfortably from the jaw.  Just thought i'd share a few photos.  Hopefully this Pete will leave a more favorable impression than my last.

I've got it filled with some Wessex Golden Virginia Flake, and am ready to get her fired up.

Sweet smokes everyone.

Beagle

That is a nice looking pipe. My first pipe was a Peterson 304, but it doesn't have that beautiful silver spigot. I really like the convenience of it being a sitter. I still smoke mine regularly, hope this one works out better than your first Pete

Looks like it has a fishtail stem (which I prefer) rather than the P-lip. Beautiful pipe.

D.L.Ruth":j5547xiw said:
Not quite as pretty as yours but has served me well for about 14 years (on and off)
Nice one.  Always good to hear some favorable reviews.

As of now, I have put two bowls through her and she has performed well.  Had a little bit of condensation build up during smoking but it never got to the point of a gurgle.  One quick swipe with a pipe cleaner (per bowl) cleared it right up and smoked overall very dry.  Pipe produced ample smoke and smoked effortlessly despite what seemed like a tighter draw relative to most of the other pipes I own.  As I expected, it dangles comfortably and is very pleasant between the teeth.  I think we've got a keeper!