Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Some years back I made up my mind to lay in a stock of cheap 'Just In Case' tobacco.
I bought 5lbs of one of these. Today I was enjoying some of the stash and I got to wondering... Does anyone has experience with them both? How different are they?

I'm not naming which I have because if I've learned anything it's that the merest whisper of a want garners 37 packages arriving by post... I don't have enough space for anymore bombs. Stop it.

I'll be interested to see responses to this one... My B&M carries English Lux and I thought about buying a bit.

I've smoked them both. As I remember it, English Oriental Supreme is more sour and more like a less stout version of Dunhill 965, English Luxury was a bit on the sweet side and the latakia was more pronounced than in the Oriental Supreme. Both blends have a fair bit of burley in them which makes them interesting. Like most blends of this type, I found myself wishing that the latakia was tamed down considerably because it dominates an otherwise interesting smoke.

I know you didn't ask for opinions on other tobaccos, but, if you like English Oriental Supreme and could live with less latakia, try McClelland 2020 Matured Cake. Once I tried it it was a revelation. Somebody got it right! :cheers:

Yo Puro

Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but EOS is more Oriental forward to me than the English Lux; or for that matter Proper English and Balkan Supreme.

hp
les