Peterson 314 System Pipe Challenge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
Vikas (thepipemonk) sent me this one directly via Ebay. It looked challenging, and was made even more so by a stuck stem. Patience, alcohol and penetrating fluid finally worked. I think the pipe came out great. Thanks to Dave G for documenting his stain stripping process, which I used for the first time.

The Reborn Pipes write-up is here:
http://rebornpipes.com/2016/01/10/peterson-system-314-challenge/

Before:

peterson_314_before-1.jpg

peterson_314_before-2.jpg

peterson_314_before-3.jpg

Finished:

peterson_314_finished-1.jpg

peterson_314_finished-4.jpg

peterson_314_finished-2.jpg

peterson_314_finished-5.jpg

peterson_314_finished-6.jpg

peterson_314_finished-3.jpg

peterson_314_finished-10.jpg

Great Job Al! She looks far better now. Bet it was a lot of work though. :cheers:

Fantastic job, Al, Pretty much brought back from the grave. Can I ask how you refitted the nickel cap (if it's not a trade secret, that is)? My old 309 has a ding I'd like to press out.

Puffer Mark":miygp6lb said:
... Can I ask how you refitted the nickel cap (if it's not a trade secret, that is)? My old 309 has a ding I'd like to press out.
I have the same thing on a Mark Twain. The cap was removed with a heat gun. I assume it's glue gun type glue, right?

I just use a few drops of gel Super-glue. I believe wood glue, etc. would also work fine.

Richard Burley":z8miiw9v said:
Puffer Mark":z8miiw9v said:
... Can I ask how you refitted the nickel cap (if it's not a trade secret, that is)? My old 309 has a ding I'd like to press out.
I have the same thing on a Mark Twain. The cap was removed with a heat gun. I assume it's glue gun type glue, right?