Peterson 80s

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Well I have begun smoking this sucker and I have to say...I lOVE it!

Keeps my VA's real cool, and the pipe stays lit well, and lots of smoke. I do seem to not be able to figure out how to pass a stem thru it to swab out while smoking but I'll figure it out I am sure.

Question: Do the straight versions of this pipe (suchas the #150 or #408) seem to handle VA's as well? I like some of the styles but would rather invest in a 999 if it will make a difference.

Hi Davey

The 150 I have is -- if I could only have one -- probably my Desert Island pipe (with the Bewlay a close second). Smokes & tastes slightly different than an 80S but definitely great.

The thing of it is that, unless it's got a regular stem (or you have somebody fit one to it), the cleaner gets curled going through the P-lip hole, which makes getting it threaded through the draft hole chancy at best.

:face:

Could the plip be modified, if wished, with a Dremel and a small cutting bur?

Davey, I have a Peterson straight billiard spigot that is every bit the equal of my Dunhills, Castellos, Former, Ser Jacopo and Ashton. I also have a Comoy and GBD from the late sixties that will stand up to the best out there; their equivalents today, new, would range for under $75; used on e-bay probably $35. It's about the tobacco and the technique.

Well that settles it then. My next one is a 150...just the excuse I was looking for. Tom, good to know about the Bewlay. I am enjoying the one I just picked up. Cannot seem to find the vintage of it though ( oops getting off topic here).