Peterson Dublin Edition silver color band

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaido

Reaction score
I picked up the above pipe oval stumel and bit . No recess at end of bit just a hole strange to me. And how long to break this in it tastes like crap. Tried Orlik Golden slices. GLP quiet nights, GLP Chelsea morning . Any ideas thanks Dave

Ah! It's a P-lip, that's how they are. I would wipe out the bowl with alcohol real well, Peterson has a bad habit of staining the inside of the bowl and if it's not maybe the bowl coating is not to your liking. You can sand that out if you prefer. No sense in trying to send it back because you've already smoked it but, you may want to contact the seller and explain your problem.
If you do wipe out the bowl be very careful NOT to get any alcohol on the exterior of the pipe, it will ruin the finish quickly.

I have gotten into a bit of a habit of breaking in new pipes with CH. It seems to build a nice cake fairly quickly, maybe 6 to 8 bowls. Plus I like CH. It doesn't ghost the pipe and you can switch to other tobacs easily.

Follow the advice above and stick with it, it should take a turn for the better.

And I take sandpaper to the inside of the bowl of my Peterson's. I get as much of that stuff out as I can. Once that's done, they smoke as good as anything else around here.

I agree with Carlos on giving the inside of the bowl with a light sanding. I never figured out why Peterson stains the inside of their newer pipe bowls unless they dip stain the briar for ease of manufacture. Some of my older Peterson's were not stained on the inside of the bowl.

Well I did the alcohol trick better but I think it’s off to the sandpaper thanks again all