Peterson/Dunhill blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Peterson remakes of the Dunhill blends. I am partial to the old Elizabethan Dunhill blend. I have tried Pipes and Cigars match blend which IMHO isn't bad. But I am curious if the Peterson blends are the same as the Dunhill blends?

I have not tried the Elizabethan blend yet. Standard Mixture and Nightcap seem to be the same to me as the last rendition.

Some will say it’s very close and really good while others will swear it’s completely different and not worth your time. You know where this is going...the only person that can really make an accurate appraisal is, of course, YOU.

If I had any i’d send you some. Alas, it’s not my style as I don’t do Latakia blends any longer. Good luck though.

Haven't tried the Elizabethan, but the Dark Flake & Royal Yacht seemed the same to me. Of course, maybe that's because I expected that, as everything about the blends are (supposedly) the same except for the brand name.

From what is being said I will get a couple of tins of the Peterson's to compare with the tins of Dunhills and Pipes and Cigars bulk I have. I will let you know my "opinion" when done. Thanks Gentlemen for your opinions.

Shane Ireland of Smoking Pipes compared the the two Elizabethans; you might find it interesting. Of course, they never say anything that bad about the tobacco/cigars they review, even Mixture 79 ;) but I still find them informative.

One day STG finally used up all the Dunhill tins and started filling Pete tins and the line never slowed down.

One summer when my son was on summer break he worked at a huge corp egg farm the first 10k of eggs down the line went into a local chain branded cartons. The next 5k of eggs went into farmer Joe's cartons. At the grocery.. house brands were $1 and the farms were $1.50