Peterson Jekyll and Hyde

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score

Anyone seen these Peterson Jekyll and Hyde pipes or handled one in person?

Love the shape. Not so keen on the rusticated version. Too perfect and uniorm.

Is that an acrylic finish on the smooth? And won't that have a tendency to blister?

Ya, I'm a negative Nancy sometimes, but I enjoy Pete's too much to have them ruined by whatever the corporate vision is. Including and especially their awful bowl coating!

:!:

Cheers?

RR

The current Peterson rustication patterns leave a lot to be desired.  I used to love their rusticated pipes; now it looks like they turned it over to some guy with a Dremel.

But as an aside, I may have had the original Jekyll & Hyde pipe in an old Soren I have...

9qpia1Dl.jpg

gNI8FiKl.jpg

@Idlefellow: I read somewhere Peterson now (well, for a few years for sure) uses a computer software for rustication. I don't know if it's a Urban Legend, though.

Brewdude":sr70r5et said:
Not so keen on the rusticated version. Too perfect and uniorm.
You're too kind. That's straight-up ugly. Did they do that to the rim of the smooth as well?

Brewdude":sr70r5et said:
Is that an acrylic finish on the smooth? And won't that have a tendency to blister?
It sure won't encourage the wood to breathe. I wouldn't think it would cause destruction though. Tinderbox used to do something like that to some of their pipes, and other than it coming off in chips, nothing else happened.

I think they were released 3 or 4 years ago. They might be kind of hard to get nowadays, so good luck on your chase. :D