Peterson pipe quality

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmo

Well known member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Peterson 999 Harp pipe. When looking into the bowl I noticed a bump the size of maybe a drop of water. Could this be bowl coating,or a fill repair from Peterson?

I would remove the coating too. I've seen bad drilling hidden with a blob of coating before. If it looks good but there's roughness from the drilling - or if it's less than perfectly glass smooth, I would coat it again.

You shouldn't need to sand it, try a wet toothbrush (I've even trimmed a few down to fit better). Bowl coating comes out really easy. Sounds like you might uncover something interesting. I once did this on a Vauen to find an ingrained pebble.

Yeah, I really don't like the coating, but I don't like a bowl lining in any pipe.

Nice to know about the water and paper towel route, I'd been using salt and alchohol previously.

Not that I'm planning on getting another Pete but you never know...

Very easy with a damp paper towel. takes about 5 mins. I used to be a Pete hater but I've come around. Come to find out I got a couple bad ones in the beginning when I first took up the pipe. I have a whole stable now and it seems the quality has really come back around IMHO. I really love the 80S silver spigots. PAD is in full overdrive lately. I'm currently enjoying a green 80S that I ordered last week.
20230217_002509.jpg

Very easy with a damp paper towel. takes about 5 mins. I used to be a Pete hater but I've come around. Come to find out I got a couple bad ones in the beginning when I first took up the pipe. I have a whole stable now and it seems the quality has really come back around IMHO. I really love the 80S silver spigots. PAD is in full overdrive lately. I'm currently enjoying a green 80S that I ordered last week.

I think it helps that actual pipe smokers now run the company.

They know what we want in a pipe and make it so.

I had similar issues with Pete pipes before SP took them over, now I don't think I'd buy any other brand.