Peterson recommendation?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new pipe for the first time in ages and I have always wanted a Pete. A couple have caught my eye, esp the Irish Harp series.

I tend to really love a pipe that is right in the mid range when it comes to price (maybe low end for some). For me a $75-$125 savinelli or Stanwell or Charatan is my go to over say a $350 artisan made pipe. Before I part with my hard earned cash, looking for one or two of you guys to give me the final push!

Oh, good to be back too!

If you would to buy a ligtly smoked on a Pete Rosslare classic smooth 999, I have a deal for you. If you are interested, tell me.

Nate, check out the Xmas Petes on Tobaccopipes.com. They are the Sherlock Holmes series and the blast and rusticated versions are only $116. I have 2 now, a Milverton and a Deerstalker, and they smoke great.

Nate, check out the Xmas Petes on Tobaccopipes.com. They are the Sherlock Holmes series and the blast and rusticated versions are only $116. I have 2 now, a Milverton and a Deerstalker, and they smoke great.

I was checking out those ‘21 Christmas pipes. Wish they weren’t so dark…. I was also digging the silver army mount as well. I think the 104 and 68 maybe it was 69

Nate,
I agree with Ranger on those Christmas pipes,they are worth every penny,my usual source for Peterson pipes was e-bay,but it seems that prices have gone thru the roof there-even for estate pipes! I have a Pete 69 Irish whiskey pipe that smokes great and I have enjoyed it for many years. Good luck.

I was checking out those ‘21 Christmas pipes. Wish they weren’t so dark…. I was also digging the silver army mount as well. I think the 104 and 68 maybe it was 69
Nate, totally understand. I suggested Xmas pipes as they are a good value and smoke well. But there are plenty of other Pete's to choose from if you like a different stain or finish. I have a Rosslare that I love. The reddish stain, amber stem, and silver band make for a really good looking pipe. I think they are around $135. I also have 2 lighter stained B64 system pipes with silver band and military mount. Good luck on your quest
I am sure you will find one you like.

This would be one of my top picks:

1FFE304A-B1A1-42F3-95D8-35015881FF79.jpeg

Or maybe this one:

BA4509E1-E636-4B61-A3C6-5B6EB8CA88EC.jpeg

Hard to beat a Pete 03 or 221. X69's are A-Ok also. The Mark Twain bent is one of my favs!! My XL26 bents are wonderful smokers! Couldn't quote a price range; haven't checked/bought in quite a while!! Good luck with your search!! FTRPLT

Peterson is my overall favorite. They smoke well for the money and have a humongous variety to choose from in the range you’re looking at. Hard to go wrong really.

I love Peterson’s shapes, but feel like Savinellis smoke better.
If I were looking for a new Pete I’d just go to one of the websites, filter by my price range, and pick one that appealed to me. Honestly they will probably all smoke similarly.

I like the donegal Rocky finish, but I’m also a sentimental sucker so I always appreciate the Christmas pipes as well.

Hard to beat a Pete 03 or 221. X69's are A-Ok also. The Mark Twain bent is one of my favs!! My XL26 bents are wonderful smokers! Couldn't quote a price range; haven't checked/bought in quite a while!! Good luck with your search!! FTRPLT
I sold off most of my pipes, including all of my Pete’s except a bent mark twain. That pipe is special and a wonderful smoker!

Petersons run large for me and your price range is above mine but do consider Peterson Irish Seconds line. I had a good deal on one I use as a prop to tease my wife. I love her even though she is from Manhattan. When she tries to hurry me along I bring out that pipe and tell her that an Irish Second is a lot longer than a New York Minute.
IMG_1126.jpg

As long as we’re talking a bit about pipes in that range, have you looked into briarworks? I have three at this point. Straight billiard, bent ball and a strawberry. All excellent for factory pipes.