Peterson recommendation?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start a riot!!! Personally I think the Peterson "dry system" is a joke. Any tobacco that is so wet that it needs to drip down into a well is just plain wrong. Dry out the tobacco. I feel the "dry system" is just a marketing gimmick. Ok, bring on the hate mail.

Don't think you will get any hate mail from this group. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I tend to agree that it's a bit of a gimmick but I still like my Petes.

Not a Pete expert here; however, IIRC the purpose of the "well" was more to collect spittle/mouth moisture from the smoker, keeping it out of the bowl. Filters (wood, balsa, paper) and those metal "fitments" are designed to do essentially the same thing. Maybe some of our pipe maker Brothers can chime in here n this subject!?! FTRPLT

Attachments

• image118.jpg
    image118.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image212.jpg
    image212.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 69
As long as we’re talking a bit about pipes in that range, have you looked into briarworks? I have three at this point. Straight billiard, bent ball and a strawberry. All excellent for factory pipes.
Are they made anymore?

Ohhh I have a Rosslare B5 like the bottom one but smooth. I really love this pipe. I have another Peterson, it's a rusticated B10, I think a Dublin series? I very much prefer this one though.
Nice pipe. I have the Rosslare in bent apple and I love it. Not only looks good but smokes great.

Are they made anymore?
Smoking pipes and pipes and cigars still have plenty in stock. I had to hunt for the strawberry. Found it on country squire. Also, Icarus, Neptune and moonshine pipes are made by the same company. They have a website Briarworks where they sell them directly.

Smoking pipes and pipes and cigars still have plenty in stock. I had to hunt for the strawberry. Found it on country squire. Also, Icarus, Neptune and moonshine pipes are made by the same company. They have a website Briarworks where they sell them directly.
They barely show anything in stock on their website. I've checked now and again, and the showings are lesser each time. That's also the case from retailers. I thought maybe they quit.

I think a lot of the smaller workshop style pipe makers have slowed down a bit lately. Baring in mind, they took on moonshine pipes recently, and I’ve seen more than a few websites’ emails touting new releases of that line. I think it may be a bit more popular with the younger crowd. I haven’t had any serious issue finding what I’ve been looking for, I just had to look around.