Peterson Sunset Breeze... YUCK

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobostro61

Reaction score
I've been trying to give myself a chance to get used to it, but no way. This stuff SUCKS.
Officially filed under "G" (garbage).

I love Peterson pipes but I've been unable to make friends with any of their tobaccos, try as I may. And I have tried. There are 2 or 3 I haven't tried, but I've tried most of em. I wonder if it isn't a leprechaun curse, put there for manufacturing the tobaccos outside the UK... Shoulda had JF Germain or one of the Gawiths do it. Curse or not, the tobacco woulda been better.

I had a hard time with the Peterson tobacco at first. then I tired Peterson Perfect Plug, and I love it. then after sitting in the "cellar" for about a year Irish oak really came to life. Sherlock Holmes is great too. but they do have some really, really bad tobaccos.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one. Thus far Old Dublin is pretty good for me, but that's about it.

Back in the early 80's the local B&M in town ( a real pipe shop back then) started carrying a more complete selection of Pete's and they stocked up on the 4/5 blends/mixtures they sold back then. I tried ALL of 'em and my conclusion was they must have been blended by McBite and topped by the folks who made Cherry Blend ! Smoked hot, wet and bit like hell ! I've NEVER gone back to try anymore since !! Pete pipes, YES, 'baccy, NO  :twisted: :twisted: 

I think as a rule, it's best to stay away from anything with the word "breeze" in the name.

I'm not so fond of their aromatics but Irish Flake and 3P's are good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P7V406XfAaI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MisterE":tphjix1n said:
I'm not so fond of their aromatics but Irish Flake and 3P's are good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P7V406XfAaI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I like the Irish Flake as well.

Bobostro61":qg7e5rqd said:
I've been trying to give myself a chance to get used to it, but no way.  This stuff SUCKS.  
Maybe they should call it "Sunset over Garbage pile Breeze"?

Don't "get" Irish Flake. All nic and little flavor. Yet that may have more to do with the year of the tin I got. I didn't mark the jar with the year I got it, but from what I've read subsequent years have been different and perhaps better.

Didn't like UF. Too much fruitiness.

Used to like Irish Whisky and Old Dublin. But haven't had them for donkey's years.

Got in some Irish Oak and PP but haven't opened them yet.

Cheers,

RR

monbla256":kpueizow said:
Back in the early 80's the local B&M in town ( a real pipe shop back then) started carrying a more complete selection of Pete's and they stocked up on the 4/5 blends/mixtures they sold back then. I tried ALL of 'em and my conclusion was they must have been blended by McBite and topped by the folks who made Cherry Blend ! Smoked hot, wet and bit like hell ! I've NEVER gone back to try anymore since !! Pete pipes, YES, 'baccy, NO  :twisted: :twisted: 
Have you tried ketchup ?

Bobby Stubbs":yt22n9sy said:
monbla256":yt22n9sy said:
Have you tried ketchup ?
THAT'S almost ALL I smoke, the best comes from that guy in KC  :twisted: :twisted: 

Irish Oak, 3P, & Irish Flake are nice.........(the rest are CRAP!!! :evil:)

Bobostro61":zcmutned said:
I've been trying to give myself a chance to get used to it, but no way.  This stuff SUCKS.  
It is one of my favourite tobaccos. Certainly in my top three.

I liked it from the first smoke.

Each to his own.

I got a sample from Eric Pierson and tryed it last week and I like it.. sorry I liked it.. yes, I liked it... Did I say I like it.. send it to me... Ill destroy it a bowl at a time..