PETERSON Supreme

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying an estate Peterson Supreme bent billiard. Not sure if it's a system pipe though it looks like it.

It seems as if this model is not available anymore. Can't find any reference to it either.

I would like to know it's standing in the ranks, quality wise

If someone can help me it would be much appreciated

SpeedyPete":8iiipesj said:
I'm in the process of buying an estate Peterson  Supreme bent billiard.  Not sure if it's a system pipe though it looks like it.

It seems as if this model is not available anymore. Can't find any reference to it either.

From Pipedia, it looks as if the Supreme is high in the charts.

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Peterson#Group_1.2C_Straight_Grains.2C_Gold_and_Silver_Mounted

Is it just a Supreme, period? That would be a puzzler. It looks more like an intensifier or enhancement marketing term attached to a regular model designation--thus you get something like a "Deluxe Supreme," as in the article above. A little extra quality for a little pricing boost on their higher end models. This would rule out something like, say, a Shannon* Supreme. Betcha it's a good pipe.

* Nothing against Shannons; I happen to like them for their no-nonsense simplicity.

Added later: Heh. So much for speculation. I was just on eBay and there's several up for bid, just Peterson Supremes, period. So, never mind. I don't know what the hell they are. Buy it and tell us if they're any good.

Fr_Tom":e2rbd7ul said:
SpeedyPete":e2rbd7ul said:
I'm in the process of buying an estate Peterson  Supreme bent billiard.  Not sure if it's a system pipe though it looks like it.

From Pipedia, it looks as if the Supreme is high in the charts.

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Peterson#Group_1.2C_Straight_Grains.2C_Gold_and_Silver_Mounted

Thank you ever so much for this link, Tom !

Richard Burley":6wh1htv5 said:
Is it just a Supreme, period? That would be a puzzler. It looks more like an intensifier or enhancement marketing term attached to a regular model designation--thus you get something like a "Deluxe Supreme," as in the article above. A little extra quality for a little pricing boost on their higher end models. This would rule out something like, say, a Shannon* Supreme. Betcha it's a good pipe.

* Nothing against Shannons; I happen to like them for their no-nonsense simplicity.

Added later: Heh. So much for speculation. I was just on eBay and there's several up for bid, just Peterson Supremes, period. So, never mind. I don't know what the hell they are. Buy it and tell us if they're any good.
Richard, it's already on it's way to me! I paid $60.00, shipping included

SpeedyPete":4mj8r9ae said:
Richard Burley":4mj8r9ae said:

Richard, it's already on it's way to me!  I paid $60.00, shipping included
Thief!

Enjoy that Pete. I like them all ( the older ones, anyway--that's all I have experience with).

Richard Burley":czw55dys said:
SpeedyPete":czw55dys said:
Richard Burley":czw55dys said:

Richard, it's already on it's way to me!  I paid $60.00, shipping included
Thief!
:lol!: :lol!:

A Supreme grade Peterson is a very good thing, way up the Pete food chain. They are usually hallmark banded as well (always?)
Show us a picture!

riff raff":uqlf1ln2 said:
A Supreme grade Peterson is a very good thing, way up the Pete food chain.  They are usually hallmark banded as well (always?)
Show us a picture!
It's on it's way to me and yes, it's silver banded

SpeedyPete":aejj6wt0 said:
riff raff":aejj6wt0 said:
A Supreme grade Peterson is a very good thing, way up the Pete food chain.  They are usually hallmark banded as well (always?)
Show us a picture!
It's on it's way to me and yes, it's silver banded
I prefer the Sterling vs 14k gold band Supreme's, they're a little more subtle.