Peterson Tankard

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Okay gents long time no BoB. I want a new pipe. Nothing too fancy or expensive just a new pipe, I feel after the year I've had a new pipe would be a nice treat. I've been looking at the Peterson Tankards for a bit now and I really like the shape. Anyone have any experience with this pipe? Any opinions at all? I am a Peterson fan by the way.

Welcome back! I've never had one but always liked the shape myself. So no advice, just wanted to say hello.

I had one and never liked it. The bowl is very small, it smoked hot every time and was simply miserable to smoke.
I am not a Peterson fan, but really liked this shape and was very disappointed overall.

If it is the poker/cherrywood shape you are looking for, I would recommend Savinelli's shape 310, as they are fairly available and good smokers.

My favorite in this style is the old Charatan Make 284t their pretty hard to find anymore.

jhuggett":ghg00ypa said:
Welcome back! I've never had one but always liked the shape myself. So no advice, just wanted to say hello.
Hey Jason, nice to see ya.

Glad to see you back!!!!! I prefer the Pete '03 shape (bent apple) or the XL26 bent (bulldog?) over the tankard. Just my .02 cents worth!! FTRPLT

Welcome back. I love Petes and have quite a few of them but no tankard. I like the bigger Petes with my favorites being the Deluxe 02, 9s, 11s.

Don't stay away so long! No tankard here as they're too small and spindly to me. I prefer the 03 or 999 shapes.

Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome back. :)

I actually don't mind the p-lip so much really.

Those savinelli 301s are a little harder to find than I thought they'd be. Any ideas where a fella could find one?

Thanks Jim, I actually stumbled upon those sites just a few minutes ago. I have them bookmarked now.

Yo, Aaron -- Good to see you're still roaming the BoB... Let us know what pipe you get and how it smokes!

-- TB

Hey Aaron. Good to see you posting again. Nothing like a new pipe to reward yourself after a rough patch. Let us know what you get and how it works out. :)