PHOTOBUCKET SUCKS !!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonanzadriver

Reaction score
Post by bonanzadriver on a few seconds ago
As some of you may very well know, Photobucket changed their terms of service.

Photobucket is one of many sites that allowed you to host your photos on their site and then share them with 3rd party sites.

In other words.  All of the photo's I've posted here and elsewhere are linked back to my photobucket account.

This morning I received a rude awakening and discovered that EVERY picture I've posted here and on the other pipe forums now have been denied access to my photo album unless I pay a ransom.

I know, I know, I'm a Cheap Sum Bitch and there's no such thing as a free lunch.  But the increase of what they require to have the "3rd Party Sharing" option is absolutely outrageous.  It's not an extra $20, $50 or even $100 a year...

It's over $500! Per year !!!!

Yup 5 Benjamins if I want to liberate my photo album.

So, please accept my apologies for all of my pictures being absent from my previous posts.  I'll spend a little time this weekend and see how many of them I can retrieve and either find another site or some other way to post em.

dino

I'm lost. What's the point of a hosting site? Saving space on your hard drive, phone, or what? I just post from my computer, and this site takes care of the rest. The pics remain here, even if I junk them, which I usually do. Keepers are put on a thumb drive. Or two.

(Please don't mistake me for someone who knows what he's talking about.)

[Added later.] OK. Did some googlin'. I guess if you've got tons of photos there's a point. People are complaining on other forums about this. Ownership of PB has changed. Your pics have been kidnapped and are being held for ransom. Otherwise, we could call it bait and switch. Funny, to one not involved. Bail! Bail! Bail! ;)

This site is one of the few that allows hosting a photo and insertion directly into a thread. In fact, of all the pipe forums, this one is probably the most fully featured and user friendly.

I just deleted 2,100 photos and my Photobucket account.

Price of harddrives I still have everything I've posted in my possession. Photobucket was nice to post pics to various forums. If they aren't making enough money from ads then they can do whatever they want. Google is a billion dollar operation, and they basically have advertisers give them money by telling them people look at the ads. Suckers, but I digress. If PB wants to charge exorbitantly and there are other sites then adios amigo..but it did give me an opportunity to find the correct spelling of 'exorbitantly'..

The same thing happened with "Webshots" 5-6 year ago. Everyone moved to Photobucket. And so it goes with free web picture hosting..

Just logged onto PhotoBucket. I use NoScript, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, etc...All of the ad companies and sources they use to load the page has become ridiculous. Took me about five minutes of finding the proper combination of various sites to load to get into my account. Anyway, no posting of mandatory fees, I thought I had quite a few pics on the site but I'm only using 5% of my allowance. How much are you folks storing there?

bosun1":5df8oov0 said:
Just logged onto PhotoBucket.  I use NoScript, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, etc...All of the ad companies and sources they use to load the page has become ridiculous.  Took me about five minutes of finding the proper combination of various sites to load to get into my account.  Anyway, no posting of mandatory fees, I thought I had quite a few pics on the site but I'm only using 5% of my allowance. How much are you folks storing there?
I had 2,100 photos, using about 35% of the available space I believe.

Found that out yesterday and will be closing my account soon. ".... money makes the world go round ! ..." :twisted: :twisted:

I am, and always have been an advocate of backing up my own data on my own media storage devices. Frankly, the idea of cloud storage and other such web hosted servers make my testicles twitch. I have seen my own photos used on Calender's, without my permission. It sounds like due to Photobucket s change in terms of service, it borders on ransomware. Of course, the same is true with most social medias, as their terms of agreements do say that everything posted on their sites become property of said site, and by agreeing and using said sites you allow it. It's like applications on devices you install. If your flashlight app wants access to you pictures, phone numbers and such, and you blindly click 'yes' so you get the cool flashlight, well, you signed your rights to your stuff away. At some point the company made it available knowledge that there would be charges, it just may not have been in bold print or it was buried in legalese so you didn't catch it.

Bummer your stuff got hijacked. If it were me I would wipe the account, wash my hands of Photobucket and use the hosting sites available on this one and others you visit.

Give Imgur a try. I've been using the app on my iPad for a while and am extremely pleased. Good luck :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!