Photos Pipe Smokers Life Magazine

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some are big enough for desktop wallpaper!

Winslow :sunny:

Clearly images photoshopped by those evil tobacco companys minions, trying to portray 'pipe smoking' as some kind of cool or hip thing from our past and hook our blessed youth on their evil products... For shame for shame, and to think you Winslow of all people are propigating the madness.

Edited out last statement

Wow! Those are amazing photos! I wonder what tobacco some of them are smoking...the world may never know!

Thanks for the link!

puros_bran":timmlaoz said:
Clearly images photoshopped by those evil tobacco companys minions, trying to portray 'pipe smoking' as some kind of cool or hip thing from our past and hook our blessed youth on their evil products... For shame for shame, and to think you Winslow of all people are propigating the madness.

Edited out last statement
and here i thought i could make up my own mind...evil corporate bastards!! :twisted: :twisted:

The photo of the trained Raven holding that bent pipe is precious. :lol:

Benjamin Button":h2ujdsjc said:
Wow! Those are amazing photos! I wonder what tobacco some of them are smoking...the world may never know!

Thanks for the link!
Most of them are probably smoking Walnut,they look so damned happy. :p

Winslow":4ao2q52x said:
Benjamin Button":4ao2q52x said:

Thanks for the link!
Most of them are probably smoking Walnut,they look so damned happy. :p

Absolutely!

Sometimes I wish I could teleport back 50 years. Nowadays it is go-go from the minute I set foot in the building until I leave school in the afternoon. I recall peeping into the staff room when I was in high school to see the inevitable cloud of smoke. We have a staff room that nobody even uses because they perceive that they are overly busy. Darn this non-smoking lifestyle!

lounge.jpg

The caption says: "Instructor making use of a couch in the faculty room while smoking a pipe after lunch at Davenport High School." - 1953