Physical Therapy ... Freaking AMAZING!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
I've been suffering from lumbago for years. Started going to a physical therapist for another reason 9 days ago (twice a week). At our first visit I mentioned lumbago and wondered about Piriformis Syndrome so she gave me an extra exercise to see if it helped. Geez! Since that first night, no more waking up with back pain at 1:30am or 2:30am and not getting back to sleep. I feel like a new man.

The main problem she is addressing is going to take a more long-term effort but stretching and body weight exercises are getting wonderful results so far. :D

Just had to share.

Similar story. In pain for 5 years after going to the orthopedic quack and dropping 5k on tests for telling me I have a bad back (degen L5/S1) then sending me to a physical terrorist that I quit after 3 visits as I could no longer get out of bed. Figure this is my life now.

Father badgered me to go to his orthopedic surgeon and try him. After 5 years of pills and pain I went. He did a quick X-Ray and said something to the effect, "I don't know why your last doc ordered an MRI and the other tests. It is evident you have degen on just an xray." Great, scammed confirmed, anyway he sent me to another physical terrorist. This guy was a credentialed McKenzie clinic and specialized in backs.

I told him the whole back story and he told me to do this and that and I started to lose feeling in below my left knee. Eventually I lost feeling. He said ok, do this and showed me an exercise. I walked out pain free and all the strength back in my leg and foot. After a couple of months he said I was good to go. I was off all the meds. Dude is a miracle worker as opposed to the previous shyster

Staying consistent with the PT every evening. Sunday I added using the stationary bike. It doesn't bother me at all now. It used to cause my lumbago to flare up even worse for several days afterwards but no lower back pain for 2 weeks! Still been sleeping through the night pain free with no medications.

Now if I can just keep getting better with my main problem. I really don't want to use a wheel chair. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I was having issues with my Achilles tendons; went to my podiatrist who obviously had no idea what was going on and actually prescribed some stretches and implements that did more harm than good. Fortunately he also sent me for some PT and they straightened me out in just a few weeks.

I had heard of "piriformis syndrome" a long time ago. When I had it myself I thought is was my sacroiliac joint slipping per my chiropractor. Fortunately my wife's physical therapist helped me out with simple piriformis stretching exercise and I am a young (for my age) human again!

I have piriformis syndrome that comes and goes. My physical therapist tried the "dry needling" technique where he would insert long fine needles into my hip where the piriformis muscle attached to tendon on both ends and then he put electric pulsing current to it. With stretching and this dry needling technique, the piriformis syndrome went completely away for six months and I was able to go on long walks again.

I went to the PT for a disc problem last year, and it took the pain away. Then, in September of this year, I basically stopped doing the exercises for the whole month. The pain came back, and it has taken two months to get it to stop again. I've learned not to get lazy with the PT exercises.

What are these exercises/stretches you all are doing? My lower back is currently killing me from sleeping in a funny position and I cannot find the stretch to loosen it back up.

What are these exercises/stretches you all are doing? My lower back is currently killing me from sleeping in a funny position and I cannot find the stretch to loosen it back up.
My exercises changed as the bulge started pinching a different nerve bundle in L5.

As for sleep get the 12" zinus green tea mattress in Amazon. First time I got a good night sleep in a long time. They are not expensive either