Pics...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't there be a girlfriend in a towel there somewhere? :lol:

Naw he's got collector bug way to bad to have a girlfriend.... :lol:

Thats awesome Dock.

:lol:

Wow you got a lot of shaving stuff. I don't like shaving that much. Maybe I would if I got me some more items. Kind of like those citrus aftershaves lotions. Pinaud? Was that one of the names. I need to go Google.

http://store.clubmanonline.com/index.html

Murray & Lanman's Florida Water @ www.qedusa.com

If you like Lime Citrus Geo F Trumper & Taylor of old bond street makes
some real nice stuff.

If you are looking for places to shop for shave gear www.shavemyface.com has a whole list of sites with links.

Carlos":5tybpq84 said:
:lol:

Wow you got a lot of shaving stuff. I don't like shaving that much. Maybe I would if I got me some more items. Kind of like those citrus aftershaves lotions. Pinaud? Was that one of the names. I need to go Google.
Carlos,

A barber shop supply company went out of business out here and a fella bought most of the stock and opened a both at the local flea market selling it.It's where most of the Pinaud stuff you see came from.As far as I know most pinaud items can be bought at CVS,Walgreen's or a beauty supply store(ask your wife she'll know where one is in your area) Shaving can be much more fun that it is for you now.I'd start w/ using a mug,brush and soap.These are ALWAYS available at CVS.I'd try Williams or Burma Shave and move onto the more expensive stuff by Trumpers and Crabtree &Evelyn if you love it.I actually just started using an old Gillette single blade that belonged to my grandfather.It may be the best shave I've ever had!

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

puros_bran":t9e7f5zw said:
Naw he's got collector bug way to bad to have a girlfriend.... :lol:

Thats awesome Dock.
Bran,
I've actually got a gorgeous little girlfriend.She puts up with my collections and does'nt push me to get married! A sure keeper in my book! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Best,
Dock

Puff Daddy":7ncpdlx1 said:
Shouldn't there be a girlfriend in a towel there somewhere? :lol:
Only when we're at her house! :bounce: :bounce:

Best,
Dock

Oh yeah. I do the brush and mug routine. I was in Lawrenceville, GA at a Antique mall place. Maybe Snellville, GA. Anyway, they had a bunch of nice mugs I thought would make a great shaving soap mug. Had Florida Gators on it. But at $14.50 that was too much. :lol:

I use a soup mug to build lather. Ya know, those cups that look like giant coffee cups.

Seems like it might have been Gospelman that got the twostory shavemug(can't remember what they are called) holds water in the bottom and build the lather in the top. Been meaning to get one, its got to be easier than trying to float a latherboat in the sink.

OK Dock-I can see you are a Real Piper;Mary drew my attention to the calabash....I like the Pinaud,but Mary can't stand the smell of it.
There is a world of difference in the Burma/Mug soap and the English counterparts.I really love to use my brush and a good soap(Taylor's of Old Bond St. Shaving Shop)after the hot towels....just can't spare the time anymore.I can just manage to get a bowl in most evenings,I insist on that.
Nice collection-that is a MAN's bathroom,by golly!
Tony

puros_bran":66qi751v said:
I use a soup mug to build lather. Ya know, those cups that look like giant coffee cups.

Seems like it might have been Gospelman that got the twostory shavemug(can't remember what they are called) holds water in the bottom and build the lather in the top. Been meaning to get one, its got to be easier than trying to float a latherboat in the sink.
Dock, Very nice stuff. Looks like you put some real thought into the whole arrangement.

PB. Here's a nice hand made mug with a place for hot water in the bottom and a lather bowl on top. Moss Scuttle They're a little pricey but very nice, I may get one myself but for a while now I've used my improvised rig, an enamel coffee mug full of hot water with a small pyrex glass lathering bowl that fits on top. This rig keeps the lather warm through out the entire shave.

Great pics, Dock; thanks for sharing. I also noticed the Old Spice mugs on the top shelf in that last pic. That is what I'm all about.

showme

Midnight Blues":j1djmguo said:
puros_bran":j1djmguo said:

Dock, Very nice stuff. Looks like you put some real thought into the whole arrangement.

PB. Here's a nice hand made mug with a place for hot water in the bottom and a lather bowl on top. Moss Scuttle They're a little pricey but very nice, I may get one myself but for a while now I've used my improvised rig, an enamel coffee mug full of hot water with a small pyrex glass lathering bowl that fits on top. This rig keeps the lather warm through out the entire shave.
Hey Blues,
What do you think of this style mug? Ever used one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370010353483&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Best,
Dock

D.J. Perry":kweuteq9 said:
Midnight Blues":kweuteq9 said:
puros_bran":kweuteq9 said:

Hey Blues,
What do you think of this style mug? Ever used one?

Dock, I have a tin mug very similar to that but I don't use it. I am thinking of getting a Moss Scuttle that I linked to in my last post. I must say that the method I use now works very well. I just pour boiling water in to a coffee mug and then I place the lather bowl over the mug. the steam keeps the lather nice and warm...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370010353483&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Best,
Dock