Pipe advice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Morning, need some advice from you seasoned pipers. Saw a nice looking Pipa Croci on ebay that I like. I know they are good pipes. It is an estate pipe but appears in excellent condition. However, seller is asking $200. Seems a bit high. Saw several on the Iwan Reiss site from $120 up to around $170. What do you guys think would be a fair offer. I am thinking of making an offer fir $130. Does that seem fair/low/ high. Advice please. Thanks to all in advance.

Nice grain. Some nicks in one photo, it is definatly used. Would like to see stem and top of bowl to see wear and how it is in good shape. I cannot make a price recommendation. Check some previous compleated auctions for similar pieces.

Seller is asking way too much! Not because a Pipa Croci isn't a good pipe; they just don't command that much of price point! Case in point...I bought one from Steve Fallon about two years ago. A large diamond-shanked Lovat/Billiard with a gorgeous finish. Got the dang thing for $33 + shipping!!!! Blew me away!! I asked Steve why it went for so little. Basically, Pipa Croci just hasn't been "discovered," few pipers are familiar with them, plus they are overwhelmed by the vast numbers of other Italian-made pipes.
I would look around the various selling sites for more pricing info!

Thanks to all. Thought it seemed a bit steep based on other postings. Wrote the seller asking for more photos of stem, bowl, etc. No response yet. Without more info will go elsewhere. Saw a nice SerJacopo for $ 130.

To heck with the overpriced pipa croci. Just found out I won this on ebay for $55. Hand made jorge jenson.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-14-09-24-31.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-14-09-24-31.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 103
More advice guys. Looking at an Ascorti on ebay. Handmade king size dublin rusticated. Asking $150 but taking offers. I know Ascorti is a good pipe but not familiar with pricing on used pipes. Looks to be in excellent condition. Do you guys think an offer of $120 would be fair or an insult? Thanks,