Pipe And A Movie/Man Of Steel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyrosenthal74

Reaction score
This is something I've done a few times now on another forum, and thought I'd bring it over here as well. Nothing special, I just like to say a little bit about the movie I watched and the enjoyment of the movie and the pipe together. It usually goes something like this....

The pipe: Bjarne Viking Houston
The tobacco: Brigadier Black Bull Run
The movie: Man Of Steel

While growing up, I always liked comic books. There was, and still is, something about opening up a comic book appreciating the artwork within and the story surrounding it, getting out of the real world for a bit and getting lost within the pages. Now as I'm pushing forty I still enjoy it when I get the chance, although I don't get the opportunity as much as I'd like. Of course, I've always liked a good movie as well. So when on the occasion the two worlds collide and a movie based on a comic book comes out, I'm usually wanting to see it. The movie today, I really wanted to see in the theater but never got the chance. So today, I rented it off of Itunes.

So while the movie was downloading, I picked a pipe... my Bjarne Viking Houston. This was one of my lower costing pipes. They retail for about $70.00 but I think I purchased mine on sale from Pipesandcigars.com for about $55.00 which is what they have them on sale for currently, I believe. Despite the low cost however, my Bjarne is a beautiful pipe and a pretty descent smoker. It's a pipe that feels good in the hand, and is quite light as well and bent, so it clenches easily enough on the few times I clench.

After choosing my pipe, I stared at my jars of tobacco for a few minutes, choosing one, then changing my mind to pick up another, and finally turned my latakia blends down for an aromatic. Brigadier Black's Bull Run. If you're an aromatic fan, I highly recommend this tobacco. It is moist, but not overly so, and after about 20 minutes or so of drying time, it's just about perfect for loading your bowl. It has a nice vanilla-ish, raisiny, chocolate smell I think, that is quite satisfying and the aroma comes out quite nicely. I used the swirl method, by the way, while loading my pipe. I think that method works very well with this ribbon cut tobacco.

And so, after loading my pipe, and striking a match for the char light, and then tamping and lighting again, I hit play and began watching Man Of Steel. I have to say, I was extremely pleased with this movie. I know there are a lot of die hard fans out there that still say only Christopher Reeve could play Superman. But believe me when I tell you, Henry Cavill looks the part. He's a big man, very fit, and has that chiseled jaw you would expect from Superman, and when he puts on the blue suit and the red cape, he IS Superman. There are of course some obvious differences in the story that I won't get into because it was still by all means a great movie. And as if I were a child all over again, I became engrossed in this movie, and just let my imagination get me out of the real world and into the pages of a cinematic comic book... all the while, the adult side of me happily puffed away on some Bull Run.

And might I add, this extremely affordable tobacco that must be priced way lower than it's quality, and my very affordable Bjarne Viking gave me a perfect smoke. After the true light I never once struck another match, and it burned nice and clean to the bottom of the bowl with nothing left but ash.

I recommend all three. The Bjarne Viking is a wonderful smoker, the Brigadier Black Bull Run is a great smelling satisfying tobacco with little or no bite and a mellow pleasant taste, and Man Of Steel is a movie that will let you relive those childhood memories of opening a crisp new comic book for the first time.

Well now I'm gonna have to watch the movie and try the tobacco lol. Thanks for sharing! :)

I liked the movie, thought everyone fit the part, and I like how they brought the plot up to modern times, but I have to say I am getting a little over done with comic book movies , and the way over done special effects, of whole cities being destroyed and such and of huge impossible death defying stunts, again I liked the movie, but I could have done with out all of that, when I watch a movie I would like to at least think what I'm watching could be believable.

on a side note I think I was smoking OGS in a Butz-choquin d'accord apple

I saw Man of Steel on my way back from China. I have to agree that he was all Superman. I thought he fit the bill perfectly and had no problem adjusting to someone else playing the role. I'll admit that I didn't finish the movie, as it was probably the 3rd one I had watched on that 15 hour flight, and I was ridiculously fatigued, but I enjoyed the 90% of it that I did get to see.

I'm looking up the Bull Run now. I might just give it a try.

EDIT: Well what do you know...Pipes and Cigars is offering a Cyber Monday discount on this exact product. I swear...people are watching what I'm doing on line more than I want to admit.

Here's the link: Brigadier Sample Offer

4 Tins for $40 Bucks.