Pipe and or tobacco rotation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I see where several pipers have a set rotation for their pipes and also their tobaccos. I don't. I just go into my cellar, look at my tobacco and choose something to smoke. The same with my pipes. Whatever looks good at the time is the one I'll smoke. What do you guys do? Do you have a set number of pipes to smoke at a certain time along with a set tobacco?

I normally only have a few pouches open at a time and used only two pipes for quite sometime. BUT since the bomb attack I am up to 3 to choose from. :cheers:

I pretty much do the same thing. Just look for what is appealing at that time and go with it. I tried to have a set rotation of pipes at one point but have up on it as it always ended up being the pipe i just didn't feel like smoking that day. The rotation would come up as a bent pipe when i wanted a straight or what not lol every time it seemed! Found it easier to just grab what i felt like.

Whatever I feel like. The last thing I need is yet another regiment.

I fall into patterns from time to time, where I have a certain blend that I smoke on a certain day and in a certain pipe. And then I'll get bored of that and change it up for a while before moving on again. Mostly I just reach for whatever.

Cheers,

RR

I just choose a tobacco and the pipe, that I find, brings out the tobacco's best flavor.   I have a some dedicated tobacco pipe and several pipes that work well for my all-day blends.

I have sets of pipes dedicated to styles of tobaccos, but nothing else gets planned. :D

I pipe muse, going from several open tins and or jqrs. Same with pipes.

Right now I am hovering around Presbyterian and Escudo. Working on my MM’s with a Falcon flying in for a visit. I love that chimney bowl!