Pipe cleaner advice

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Ranger107

Reaction score
Hi all, been using the cheapie value cleaners from p&C and they work fine 99% of the time. However I have a couple of bent stem pipes they just won't go through. Can anyone suggest a thinner cleaner that still works well? Thanks for any advice.

Ol'Dawg

Reaction score
When I used the BJ Long 6.5 tapered (with 90% alcohol) for most pipes but I have a few for BJ Long regular when I have a tight stem. I have some Zen and other cheapies but they don't work very well.

Niblick

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have better luck with a bristled through a bent pipe and the wire on the end tends to not scratch or dig into the stem. If the diameter of the airway is smaller than normal, Dill's is a good choice but more expensive. I use the Dill's on a lot of Kaywoodie's because of the stinger diameter.

Ranger107

Reaction score
I have better luck with a bristled through a bent pipe and the wire on the end tends to not scratch or dig into the stem. If the diameter of the airway is smaller than normal, Dill's is a good choice but more expensive. I use the Dill's on a lot of Kaywoodie's because of the stinger diameter.
Thanks, will try the Dills.cost not a big factor as I won't be using that many. Only have 3 or 4 pipes that need them.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Yep!! Get some Dill's for smaller airways!!! I keep about four different sized pipe cleaners around, some bristled! The Dill's work great on older, smaller pipes. FTRPLT

Ranger107

Reaction score
Yep!! Get some Dill's for smaller airways!!! I keep about four different sized pipe cleaners around, some bristled! The Dill's work great on older, smaller pipes. FTRPLT
Only problem is I can't order just pipe cleaners, so will have to get some tobacco as well. There goes my resolve to curb my TAD purchases. Lol.

Niblick

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Always ring the total up to the free shipping point. Two packages of Dill's and eight tins of tobacco will get ya there.

Jevverrett

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Some pipes just don’t take a cleaner well. That being said, I recently got a pack of the standard Brigham cleaners, and they are very nicely made. They may be better than bj longs, which have been my favorite for years.