Pipe cleaner advice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, been using the cheapie value cleaners from p&C and they work fine 99% of the time. However I have a couple of bent stem pipes they just won't go through. Can anyone suggest a thinner cleaner that still works well? Thanks for any advice.

When I used the BJ Long 6.5 tapered (with 90% alcohol) for most pipes but I have a few for BJ Long regular when I have a tight stem. I have some Zen and other cheapies but they don't work very well.

I have better luck with a bristled through a bent pipe and the wire on the end tends to not scratch or dig into the stem. If the diameter of the airway is smaller than normal, Dill's is a good choice but more expensive. I use the Dill's on a lot of Kaywoodie's because of the stinger diameter.

I have better luck with a bristled through a bent pipe and the wire on the end tends to not scratch or dig into the stem. If the diameter of the airway is smaller than normal, Dill's is a good choice but more expensive. I use the Dill's on a lot of Kaywoodie's because of the stinger diameter.
Thanks, will try the Dills.cost not a big factor as I won't be using that many. Only have 3 or 4 pipes that need them.

Yep!! Get some Dill's for smaller airways!!! I keep about four different sized pipe cleaners around, some bristled! The Dill's work great on older, smaller pipes. FTRPLT
Only problem is I can't order just pipe cleaners, so will have to get some tobacco as well. There goes my resolve to curb my TAD purchases. Lol.

Some pipes just don’t take a cleaner well. That being said, I recently got a pack of the standard Brigham cleaners, and they are very nicely made. They may be better than bj longs, which have been my favorite for years.

When I was shopping at 4Noggins, I saw extra thin pipe cleaners from Falcon pipes section. 50 cleaners for $2.99. I have never used them but it may help.