Pipe club last nite & first taste of the Falcon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
The Sacramento Pipe Collectors Assembly was held last night at Tobacco Road in their new digs, they moved across the road into a bigger place and now have a huge walk-in humidor and roomy smoking lounge. We had a good club turnout and the owner (who everyone knows as "Z" ) was most gracious, making everyone feel at home. The new shop is fantastic, a huge selection of very fine cigars, lots of high grade pipes from Shaabi, Castello, Radice, Balleby and more, hundreds of tins of tobacco, some with considerable age on them!!

I took my Larsen Pearl filled with Maltese Falcon from the Box Pass (thanks for donating those samples Greg 8) ) and settled into a very comfortable chair. I was impressed right off the bat with the smoky tin aroma of this stuff. Someone mentioned KC masterpiece, another said Blackwoods flake without the ketchup, both good analogies. My first thought was "OK, this is going to be a lat bomb" but it wasn't so. The latakia was definitely present, but in quite a moderate amount - it never dominated. The smokiness was quite present throughout the entire bowl and there were some interesting flavors there I couldn't put my finger on. I can see what all the hype is about, this is a very fine and interesting smoke. I've never had anything quite like it.

Thumbs up on this one!

Hmm, where is this joint located? I've heard of the sac pipe collectors assembly but never looked too much into it. I live in Rocklin, bout 20min outside of Sac depending on the traffic. The local tobacco store [Tobacco Republic] is mostly for cigars, the next best thing would be the tinder box in Sunrise Mall, and I don't usually feel like driving all the way to Arden Fair to visit the Briar Patch..I'll have to check this and the SPCA out sometime! :)

Hi Jonny-O! You'd be most welcome to attend one the bi-monthly meetings which are usually held at the home of Gary Malmberg in the downtown area, only about a 30 minute drive from Rocklin. Here's a link:

http://secondhandsmokes.com/spca.html

Tobacco Road is in the Town and Country shopping center on Fulton and Marconi, about 20 minutes from Rocklin. The club meetings are held there occasionally.

http://tobaccoroadsac.com/

P,

Maltese Falcon is an amazing ride, I'm very fond of it myself. To bad your club meets 3000 miles away, sounds like a great place....

I just ordered a tin of it myself (along with some Blackpoint). I am very much looking forward to giving it a try. I like all of the Pease blends I've had in the past, and given the hype on this one I expect it should be right on the money.

-Andrew