pipe complement

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
So I'm working in the shoppe right now and about two minutes ago this guy walks in to buy some cigars. First words out of his mouth are "Hey man, I like that pipe!" I say thanks and get his cigars. Then he asks me what I'm smoking because it smells really good. I smile and tell him. This is the very first time this has ever happened to me. How often does this happen to you?

By the way, the blend? GLP Odyssey! :)

Pretty much every time I smoke in public. At least 9 out of 10 times. Pipes are unfortunately rare and become more rare in our society. I know some areas might be seeing some increases but in 2-years in my present city I have seen another pipe smoker just one time.

Glad you had a great experience. Keep on puffing! :pipe:

I sometimes take a cob full of Christmas Cookie or Penn dutch treat into the VFW and light up,,,always get the "smells like my father",,,or "I remember when I was a kid,,,",,,sometimes they're so busy enjoying the aroma they overpour my drink,,, :cheers: ,,,many tell me they used to smoke a pipe but when they went to work, cigarettes were easier and the convenience finally took over at home too,,,so much for the hustle and bustle of modern living,,,, :evil: ,,,,I rarely see another pipe smoker in this area except my boss,,Carter Hall in his Dr Grabow,,,(when he can sneak a puff or three ,,,BETWEEN THE FUEL TANKS!),,,,no use of tobacco products on the property,,,,,I do catch a few old farmers at the equipment auctions smoking cobs with a cigar stuffed in them,,,,some of them upside down,,, :?:

I thappens all the time when I smoke public places with all kinds of different blends. Unfortunately there is a downside to the story too. I'd say about 1 in 20 comments are negative like "That pipe of your's stink" .

Pretty much every time too. Sometimes if I'm feeling solitary, I smoke cigars just to avoid attention. I had the sweetest looking filipina come up to me and exclaim, "that's different!" It's certainly a way to meet people...

I was sitting in the smoking area at a hospital on monday and had several compliments about my pipe. All were from cigarette smokers. I was smoking a Comoy's Royal guard pot, and PS Luxury Twist Flake.