Pipe heartburn??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
i smoked a bowl this morning and about halfway thru i started to feel that heartburn, throat irritation. it was nasty! the only time i ever received that feeling is when i smoked the now gone Erinmore flake and once with Former crossgrain flake. any one know what causes this??

No idea. On a related note, however, I was having throat pain about a year ago. Fearing the worst, I went to an ENT and told him about my filthy smoking habit. He gave me a thorough exam and told me the problem was heartburn. We tried some meds and modified diet for a couple of weeks. The heartburn went away, I quit the meds and the diet and choose to deal with the heartburn.

When the doc told me it wasn't anything like cancer, I said, "Great, so what you're saying is that I can go smoke like a chimney, right?" He found that mildly amusing.

It's actually nice to see doctors / dentists that don't lecture you on smoking.

-Andrew

I have tried the famous Walnut and found it horrid!!! Sorry JP! It was suggested to me that the heartburn feeling can come from bad tobbacco or spray on perique!! I did once try the three nuns pouch version and couldnt get past 10 minutes! i am thinking about sending the tin back. i guess this is a lesson i had to learn some point about how one year a blend can be great, the next a dud. lesson teaches me to buy when good. one more week and i can indulge in the glory of Beacon!!!! :D :pipe:

You must tell us the name of the offensive blend,if not Walnut,then what?
Enquiring minds want to know. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Winslow

Ah enquiring minds, that dare to bring forth unjust accusation upon so humble and innocent a blend as Walnut!

Here's the truth: The pH of Va is around 4.5. The pH of Burley is around 7. Walnut, close to the bosom of so many, is big on Burley. The fault lies with Virginias! You might as well be drinking pool acid. The answer is to swap over to Burleys. Walnut is a good place to start.