Pipe luncheon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Happy Saturday BoB, and how's everybody?

Just thought I'd let everyone know of a little thing me and a few buddies of mine have been doing here recently. Now that the weather is getting better in God's country, a couple of other pipe smokers and myself have started getting together at lunch time at a local Italian restaurant that has a nice patio, and really good Italian food by the way, we smoke our pipes and solve the worlds problems and sometimes start new ones. It's a pretty nice way to start of the week. Anyone around these parts do anything similar?

Yes, I do. Most late afternoons when I get home from work I get together with Shadow the Wonder Mutt, Hunter the retarded Lab, and assorted "mixed breed" Arkie-mutts on my porch and we discuss the declining squirrel populations, which variety of roadkill is best tenderized by two weeks in the hot sun, and who's butt smells the best today! It's kind of my support group.

Natch

Natch":x7cvx0pk said:
Yes, I do. Most late afternoons when I get home from work I get together with Shadow the Wonder Mutt, Hunter the retarded Lab, and assorted "mixed breed" Arkie-mutts on my porch and we discuss the declining squirrel populations, which variety of roadkill is best tenderized by two weeks in the hot sun, and who's butt smells the best today! It's kind of my support group.

Natch
Sounds like better company than most folks I know.

Aaron,

Sounds like a nice time. These days I always smoke alone, like Natch I used to smoke in the company of my beloved black Lab Jake. I sure miss him, we had to put him down in 2009, he was better than most people, a loyal friend. Man I sure miss him...

Just occurred to me that I've never smoked a pipe with another pipe smoker. But, have had impromptu gatherings with cigarette smokers, mostly at work.

Harlock999":ys9s25vw said:
Sounds like a great time. Did you smoke your Castello?
Yes, at the first one. At the second I smoked a pipe I was gifted by a brother here and this next Tuesday I plan on smoking the Peterson Sherlock Holmes Original first run.

I like it! Italian food, Italian pipe, maybe a glass of Peroni. Sounds like something I should try...