Pipe Photography Tips

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuluCollector

Reaction score
Hey guys. For anyone who might be interested, I wrote a blog post this morning in tips and techniques for photographing pipes.

I hope you enjoy it and that it's helpful.

Blog Post Link

Neil, thanks for posting that, an interesting and informative read. Do you have a collection of your pipe photos posted somewhere online? A photobucket gallery perhaps? I love looking at the images on your blog-site but I did not notice a gallery there. That would be a wonderful thing to offer since your images are so enthralling.

Jim

Neil, Very good info. Well written and really point's out the fact that to many of us our pipe's are works of art. Keep up the good work.

Dan

Puff Daddy":ep0h7i1x said:
Neil, thanks for posting that, an interesting and informative read. Do you have a collection of your pipe photos posted somewhere online? A photobucket gallery perhaps? I love looking at the images on your blog-site but I did not notice a gallery there. That would be a wonderful thing to offer since your images are so enthralling.

Jim
Thanks Jim for your comments. I used to keep my whole collection online but it created havoc with my server. I should think about putting up a Flickr stream or a photobucket I suppose. Lots of uploading.....

Grins, Neill

I spent some time this afternoon working with some new lighting strategies and with a different lens. I'm pretty happy with the results so I thought I'd share some pics here.

The pieces are 1 and 2) Alex Florov Calla Lily 3) Nanna Ivarsson Bent Egg and 4) Castello Old Antiquari Billiard.

The Castello is quite amazing in my opinion. Rarely does such a lovely blast show up and this one is just exquisite. It is also a wonderful smoker.

I love this Calla Lily. My wife got it for my birthday last year. The Nanna is a recent addition to my collection; it's rare that I purchase Danish high grades but I've always wanted a Nanna blast.

alexflorovcallalily4zv0.jpg

alexflorovcallalily7dv2.jpg

nannaivarssonbentegg17kv0.jpg

castellooldantiquaribilgh8.jpg

Neill,

That was an excellent resource! Thanks for posting it! I'm a huge fan of your pipe photography.I really like the idea of using a white background and will be experimenting with this myself....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Hey Doc, thanks very much.

I think you'll find the white background very satisfying. It is a little tricky at first when it comes to dealing with too much light and not enough softness, but you'll get that worked out.

Good Luck and I'll be watching to see your pictures!

N.

How! Great pics. Thanks for posting that great guide. Now I'm eager to learn more...

Good advice, but would you happen to have a picture of the light box setup?