Pipe Photography...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
I just got my digital camera for Christmas last year and am still learning how to use it properly.I've taken many pics of my pipes but just was'nt happy with how they were coming out.Over the weekend while experimenting I found my problem.I was trying to photograph the entire pipe.This just isn't necessary! What I needed to do was to capture the essense of the pipe! Here are a few of my results...

CloseUpPipePics002.jpg

CloseUpPipePics001.jpg

CloseUpPipePics004.jpg

CloseUpPipePics007.jpg

CloseUpPipePics005.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

These are coming out so well that I may just have to do the whole collection now :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

EvenMorePipePics007.jpg

EvenMorePipePics005.jpg

EvenMorePipePics006.jpg

EvenMorePipePics002.jpg

EvenMorePipePics003.jpg

Best,
Dock

Dock,

The third one down in the first post. Is that a sitter? It almost looks like a "putter". If so, I'm sure it would appeal to someone like my son who loves golf.

:D Paul

Dock, you're taking some really nice photos. Thanks for posting them. I'm really enjoying seeing your pipes. That Walt Cannoy wax drip is really very nice. Someday.....

nice, what type of camera are you using and what is the bottom piece in the last picture?

Nick,

I'm using a Canon "Power Shot". That last pic is of an Ed Burak "Conniosseur"cavalier w/ a functional drain plug.He has a small shop in NYC which I heard may be closing before long...

Best,
Dock

Dock,

Very nice pics, are you using a tripod? Flash or room light?
Keep up the good work, How about a pic of your Castello Bull Dog...

Those pictures are nice and so are the pipes! Actually, the pipes are great!

I can't believe the results that one can now get out of those little point n' shoot digis, to the point where they are right up with the digital SLRs, camera technology has come a long way! It really proves that you don't need to spend thousands to achieve good quality photos.

Dock,

Those pictures are excellent!!! I really like the way you captured the rustication on those pieces. Nelson and I are goign to eventually make a website for me. I would really like to know how you did that because taking a picture that shows the detail of the texture is really hard to do. I would really appreciate your input.

Tim

Dock thanks for the Dog! How does she smoke?

Which Power Shot? There are about 30 different models.

Wow Dock! You might be giving Mr. Pease a run for his money in the pipe photo department.

We can declare you the official board photographer............ :lol:

Dock,

Please no more pics. I'm having pipe and camera envy.(Just kidding) Keep em' coming!