Pipe sighting in Netflix "Anne with an E"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
Every evening RH Thomson's character Matthew Cuthbert smokes a pipe by the fireplace. Must not have any Latakia as the other two actresses in the same room don't seem bothered. Looks like a quarter bent Ashton Brindle to me, but maybe somebody with freeze frame capability or a sharper eye knows for sure. Just curious. Rare to see any smoking references at all these days.

You need to find the right females, I know several that go barmy for a good Latakia blend, including my current interest. And yes, I find it sad that there are so few sightings of pipes in our media these days.

Watched several episodes of how the west was won and Zeb McCahan, James Arness, frequently smoked a cob. But unlikely you will see modern characters smoking a pipe like we saw in father knows best or the Bing Crosby show.

Timbo is correct. There are a few females that don't mind the room note of Latakia but they are few and far these days. Back in the late 70s I smoked Balkan Sobranie in the house and my ex did not mind. My wife now doesn't care for the smell of balkan blends but will tolerate it if we are outside