Pipe Smoker Pets

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob

Your chinchillas are great. I suppose I could finger-wag at what I see as being questionable food in the dish (there's some awful stuff on the market for them), but this isn't a haughty pet forum. I've had nine years of trials and tribulations with my own, and they're far from simple pets. Wonderful personalities, though. :)

That is NOT an ugly boxer! My heart melted. All boxers are goofy, and the goofier, the more appropriate if you ask me. :)

8)

Don't get me wrong, the whole family loves him. he's just homely! haha

Those chinchillas are technically my younger sisters, she takes less than good care of them. so when she's at work or school i sneak in and take care of them :D baths (correct) food, exercise, the whole nine yards.

Hermit":o2ngz4fv said:
Kyle Weiss":o2ngz4fv said:
My chinchila.

5609_101621413183755_5151122_n.jpg
Looks like yer makin' Chin-chili. :lol:
Interestingly, that 32 quart stock pot I won at a chili cookoff (first place, mind you) out of 20 entries a Reno Homebrewer's Association meeting, some yearly event they do. That begs the question...do I brew beer? No. I was invited via another friend, who claimed I could cook well, and they sort of laughed and said, "...fine, bring it." So I now have a bunch of brewing gear I don't use, including this pot, which she found fascinating. :lol: I could cook a dozen chinchillas in it if need be.

Well, pets are people's fancy and whimsy rather than responsibility, no offense to your younger sister, but...it's why when I worked as a pet store manager I insisted chinchillas were for adults. They can live 10 - 20 years, and of course an 8 year old is going to give a crap about them when the kid turns 14...right. Rats are far better pets for kids in that realm. I had two rats, Maggot and Firefly, and both were just brilliant.

I've seen far worse setups for chins. Diet is the most important concern, the rest they're pretty tough about. Good on you for stepping up to the plate for 'em.

Give your boxer a hug for me. :heart:

8)

I like the boxer also!

Here are my two blue healers.

The big one is probably 9 or so, the puppy has grown but is now about 6 months old

Another of the puppy with one of Shannon's poodles

Here's the gang.
House Pets Ryder & Mika

And my shop cat/pipin buddy, Ruffus

We also have 3 more barn cats Tommy, Blue & Loretta and a few stray's that seem to spend more time here than at
the own homes. Ryder usually puts the run on them when he gets the chance but seems to love are cats?.

Hawker":zzod5ira said:
What a beautiful dog! I had a dog that looked very similar when I was 4 named Angie. Still remember playing with her. She got under the fence at my Grandparent's house while we were visiting and we never saw her again.

UberHuberMan":1o3gk1zd said:
Hawker":1o3gk1zd said:
What a beautiful dog! I had a dog that looked very similar when I was 4 named Angie. Still remember playing with her. She got under the fence at my Grandparent's house while we were visiting and we never saw her again.
Sorry you lost dog Uberman , especially at that age.

I'm always worried about losing Ryder he's got little big man syndrome. One time are 165 pound Malamute & Ryder got into a tussel & you'd think the mal would of kicked his ass Ryder being only 35-40 #'s, but Ryder latched onto Clutch's bottom lip & wouldn't let go. Clutch was spinning around like a top so fast Ryders ear's were flying in the wind and it was the Malamute that was yelping like crazy. Clutch's back stood level with are kitchen table so Ryder was in the air a good 3 feet.
We get alot of coyotes & foxes in are yard since the big dogs have been gone (shot 2 right under the apple tree). Hopefully he isn't as brave when we're not home.

Here's the last picture of them all together.
Yukon Sept 6 1997 - Oct 30 2012
Clutch Apr 4 2008 - July 19 2012
R.I.P.

lifeon2":2on1wqk6 said:
This is miss. If I don't watch her she will eat my tobacco.

DSC_0008_zps86e11a07.jpg
What's her fave blend? Aro? English? Va, VaPer Flake? :twisted:

She prefers Aros actually she'll get into anything but she purrs the loudest when I forget to close up any sweet aro. :D

This is Snickers. When he sees me with a pipe, he will grab his bone and head to the backdoor to join me.

oe8R2bX.jpg

gravel":dmwug1wp said:
This is Snickers. When he sees me with a pipe, he will grab his bone and head to the backdoor to join me.

oe8R2bX.jpg
Ha! The dog made me laugh, but the ritual you two have warmed my cold, evil heart. :heart:

8)

gravel":92iqilys said:

oe8R2bX.jpg
My Blue Healer pup is my smoking companion. When I go into my office she comes in there to see if I am filling a pipe. If I am she heads to the back door.

Snickers is a Havanese, smart, good for my young daughters, and loves pipe time. He picked our family and I didn't argue.

Yak":98uofvvg said:
Little Oreo was in really rough shape too -- so full of roundworms his belly was
distended, blanketed with fleas & so weak his little legs trembled when he walked.

His picture's my avatar at Kirk's site -- his set up allows direct uploads.

If you've got 20 minutes to pet him, he'll purr & enjoy the whole 20.
That's my kind of cat. This morning Cooter jumped into bed as soon as he saw I was awake and gave me a big kiss and settled down for a nap. He's got a purr! We also have three females in the house. A real riot at times. I'm sure you know what I mean if you have more than one.