Pipe Smoker Pets

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
Hello Gents,
I read over the "The Coldblooded" post by Jacob the coldblooded. I thought it might be a good idea since there's a post covering us, we mind as well show off our furry/scaly/slimy companions. What ever pet you got show it off.

My furry little friend's name is Shisha. (She's named after how my girlfriend and I met). She's a Jack Russell/Beagle mix. She's the funniest dog you'd ever meet. She's still a pup but very well behaved. She doesn't need a leash when her and I go on walks. Every now and than she'll run off to follow a scent trail, but most of the time she sticks right beside me on walks. She can jump into my arms from a sitting position and she'll turn mid air to land on her back in my arms. She has a perfect heart spot on her side that I'll try to show in one of the pictures. Her ears are her calling card. She's been nicknamed Moose by some of my friends. She's a HARD cuddler. If I'm sitting down smoking a pipe, she's in my lap. She's beyond smart, she knows all the tricks and than some. If she barks at the door, I'll say, "Watch your mouth" and she'll stop and lay down with her paws on her nose. If we're at the table and she's begging, I'll say, "Go to your chair", and she'll run a hop in the papasan chair that she loves to nap in. If you tell her to get her Penelope, she'll go get her purple pig that oinks not squeaks. She loves that pig. She always cuddles with her blanket. I'm afraid I've gone soft because of this dog. She's such a good girl.
Here she is;

She loves to run and jump in snow, and dig her way through snow drifts. She snores, she's too affectionate, she's too smart for her own good, and I love her.

Alright, now show off your pets!!!
Zach

This is Trudy. I'm beginning to think she may have a problem.

camera11.jpg

When she's not totally trashed, she enjoys hanging out with me in the workshop, eating, sleeping, chasing lazer pointers, and being an all around wonderful companion.

20120811.jpg

20120810.jpg

Some of these are from older cell phones and the quality isn't that great sorry

This is our Black Lab Scout and Ponce he is one weird cat my son rescued him

scoutp10.jpg

This is our Yellow Lab Bella and Lacey who is around 18yrs old and is a polydactyl cat or what they call a mitten kitten or a Hemmingway Cat for they were supposed to be his favorite

mommab10.jpg

These two helping clean up the yard???
scoutb10.jpg

Bella and my Wife Amy on the couch, Bella likes to climb up on top of all the pillows and then lay down
bella10.jpg

my English Staffy Winston Churchhill

486781_10151075629677406_2136033619_n.jpg

when he was a puppy in australia

25692_362821107405_5355592_n.jpg

2973_76630407405_56580_n.jpg

rev

This is Cooter. He's almost two years old now. He was so sick when he was a kitten that both his vets sent him home to die.
It took weeks of care but as you can see he made it. His right eye has been damaged from one of the virus that almost killed him.
He's an affectionate little guy and too smart for his own good at times.

TwotpyB.jpg

Little Oreo was in really rough shape too -- so full of roundworms his belly was
distended, blanketed with fleas & so weak his little legs trembled when he walked.

His picture's my avatar at Kirk's site -- his set up allows direct uploads.

If you've got 20 minutes to pet him, he'll purr & enjoy the whole 20.

:p Here's the four kittehs that live in my house. I've 5 more feral kittehs in the backyard.
This is Francisco ( Poncho) the youngest when I tamed him in the backyard. He looks just like his feral mother who's next litter is outside now.

27850033.jpg

This is Pretty, another stray I found in the school yard 7 years ago when she was a kitten. She's blind, born that way and was an orphan when I found her

Pretty5.jpg

This is Shaggy, my long haired Seal Point that was from another feral litter I had in my yard 5 years ago.

35880008.jpg

And my oldest but smallest Hidey,I picked her up at the mill I was working at 8 years ago. She was another orphan, the runt of her litter and still barely wieghs
5 #s. She's the tiniest kitteh I've ever had, along the lines of a grp 1 pipe :p

Hidey2.jpg

Shadow the Wonder Pup eating snow.

She's one of those new designer breads you hear about, like a labadoodle, or cockapoo, but bread specifically for the South. She's half beagle and half inbred mutt, technically called a Butt.

Natch

this is Ava, 20 lbs of fury this one. the first picture is her graduating puppy class. you can see her tail, it's always moving. the technical term is "wigglebutt" i believe. she's little, but got a big personality. i grew up with big dogs, the smallest being my 55lb pitbull tater, so it was a stretch to get a small dog. my fiance has always had small dogs so we looked at some smaller ones at the shelter. ava chose us. she hangs outside with me when i smoke a pipe. protecting me from squirrels. she barks like a junkyard dog, very deep and threatening. sweetheart for sure. we where told she's a "dachshund terrier mix" but i think she's a dachshund mixed with a taiwanese mountain dog. great little girl. she is very good with other dogs, loves camping, and loves coming to work with us. she is also the boss of my buddies 65lb German Shepard, schatzi. they met when they where the same size, and now still takes her down, and runs the show. best buds, though of course.

ZdtxJiF.jpg

her with me smoking a pipe in the yard:
8L6zGpa.jpg

her taking out Schatzi:
APVmsEB.jpg

My chinchila.

5609_101621413183755_5151122_n.jpg

My blue-tongue lizard (and me sans the 'stache quite a few years ago)

9920_103958976283332_6530621_n.jpg

My betta splendens

535861_451784508167442_1293092105_n.jpg

8)

Here is Sadie - our 9 year old St Benard

DSC_0174.jpg

We became a foster family for two kittens that ended up staying with us. We never have nor did we ever think we would ever be cat people, but I got to tell you I fell head over heels for these two jokers. They are so much fun. I"ll get some pics of them later tonight.

This is Buster, my 15 week old Pug.

We're gradually moving up in dog sizes, our last dog was a Chiweenie that we had to leave behind in FL with relatives because of our short notice orders. One day I may work up to a German Shepherd but if Buster keeps up with his liveliness I may just scratch that idea and get a few more pugs :lol:

dag4.jpg

Ok, Ready?

Apollo about a year and a half old Ball python

Calvin, the ugliest Boxer you've ever seen!

Chunk (all grey) Carlos (grey & white) Chinchillas

Ellie the Rat (originally destined to be food for my snake but i felt bad and kept her :D [Thats also my fiance in the picture])

Freyr about 6 month old Ball python (Morph: Lesser)

Hades the Central Carpet Python about to reach a year old

Nikki (found in the woods as a kitten she's 13 seen here reading some elder scrolls!)

Ruger the black lab, he's 9 rarely caught awake LOL

Vixen the Ball python (age unknown as she's a rescue aprox. a year)

Zeus the boa (9ft age unknown He's a rescue also)

That's all (For now!)