Pipe Smoker's Revenge!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this lately and I have seen the saying "smoking is the best revenge". I wondered what would be the best immediate revenge for a pipe smoker. I mean being that a lot of times we hear folks talk about the positive comments that come from those around us sometimes such as "that really smells nice, it reminds me of my grandfather, it brings back pleasant memories", etc. Ironic since the smoke nazis don't discriminate when it comes to their anti-smoking campaign. Then I thought of the times that I use to smoke heavy Latakia blends and my wife would complain about how bad it "stinks". "Whew.......you smell like dirty old socks". How many of you have ever heard that? :lol:

Well, today I had to go to Charlotte, NC to a project management meeting I was hosting for a project that I am managing for Mecklenburg County. The meeting was at the Judicial/Detention Complex in downtown Charlotte. Anyway, I kept thinking and just so happens I carried a tin of Maltese Falcon with me and a large Bob Ray Mohawk pipe. Charlotte is a 2.5 hour drive from my office and there is a JR's that I pass right on the way. I came up with a strategy! I allowed enough time to stop at JR's to pickup an extra can of Walnut (couldn't resist) and load up a big bowl of Maltese Falcon to savor for the rest of the trip. My thinking was, I have to go to a meeting with a bunch of county government liberals of which most are probably smoke nazis. I wasn't really looking forward to it.

So what could I do to take revenge on them???!!! I think you probably know where I am going with this by now. Dirty old socks.............meeting over quickly!

I lit the Maltese Falcon and pulled out of the JR's parking lot, rolled up the windows, turned the air conditioning on and the rest is history. Rings of latakia smoke swirling around my head and subtly penetrating my clothes as I savored every slow puff for the next hour and fifteen minutes or so before I pulled into the parking lot.

I know that I went into that meeting reeking of Latakia because I could smell it myself and I usually don't notice the smoke on myself.

I don't know if what I did had anything to do with it, but they sure were eagar to take care of business and wrap up the meeting, all 30 minutes of it! 2.5 hour drive for a 30 minute meeting....go figure. Well, it turned out to be a blessing because I took full advantage of the situation and stopped JR's again on the return trip and also enjoyed two more bowls on the trip home!

Was it revenge? I'd like to think so!

Think positive! Think less that it was the revenge of the pipesmoker, and more that you gave them a seductive 'nudge' for an early end of the meeting so that they could rush out and buy something to smoke themselves :darklord:

morleysson":6ns0b1st said:
Think positive! Think less that it was the revenge of the pipesmoker, and more that you gave them a seductive 'nudge' for an early end of the meeting so that they could rush out and buy something to smoke themselves :darklord:
Very interesting spin Bob. I like that and kind of wish that I had looked at it that way. :D Of course no one asked me what delightful weed I had been smoking or what kind of cologne I was wearing. :lol: :lol: :lol: