Pipe Smoking vest.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeman83

Reaction score
How many of you wear a vest for pipe smoking, I wear one all the time, their great for carrying pipes, tobacco, tampers , pipe cleaners, etc. and for wearing at pipe shows.

I can't say I do, but if it's a fishing type vest that you speak of with all the pockets, I can see the appeal.  Everything would be v close to hand.  I quite like the idea of that!

Interesting difference in terminology by the way.  This is what we call a vest in the UK....

I usually use daily vest, fisherman type, with lots of pockets, I find it very practical to store things and take them with me, always at hand

In cooler weather I will enjoy my wool vest, pockets are great and a good place for a pocket watch. Hold back on the watch when fishing.

I wear one of these on occasions but, I find it hard to get to my tamper.

I have one of those "travel" vests that you see advertised; wear it to flea markets, gun shows and the like. Never thoughts of it as a pipe smoking vest, but no reason it couldn't be.

I seldom wear a vest when pipe smoking, but when I do, I wear a 5.11 tactical vest like this. Built like a tank and weighs about as much, even when not loaded with tobacco, pipe, wallet, keys, sun glasses, pens, lighter, cigar case, knife, a couple bottles of water or beer in rear pockets, maps, etc. Quite useful for outdoor events, as long as it's not summer and hot. Capable of holster attachment, and may arouse interest with LEOs, but I've never had a problem.

vest10.jpg
" />

I don't really have a smoking jacket or vest, but I like the idea of one... Esp if it keeps the smell off my clothes, but the wife prob could still sniff it out.

Don't have need for something like that as I only carry one pipe, a roll-up pouch of 'baccy and a tamper and lighter and all fits nicely in my shirt and pants pockets. KISS it !! :twisted: :twisted:

I have two wool vests, for driving (I drive a lot annually) and pipe smoking. I'm rarely without one during the winter months.

Woolrich just sent me a catalog, I have one of their zip up wool vests. They have a number of options

I'm on the far right, LL Bean vest that I've owned for about 20 years.

Richard Burley":hr7wndmq said:
I seldom wear a vest when pipe smoking, but when I do, I wear a 5.11 tactical vest like this. Built like a tank and weighs about as much, even when not loaded with tobacco, pipe, wallet, keys, sun glasses, pens, lighter, cigar case, knife, a couple bottles of water or beer in rear pockets, maps, etc. Quite useful for outdoor events, as long as it's not summer and hot. Capable of holster attachment, and may arouse interest with LEOs, but I've never had a problem.

vest10.jpg
" />
That looks pretty much like mine; I think I got mine at Sportsman's Warehouse before they bailed out here.