Pipecarving weirdsville. Do not adust your screen.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good example of I WOULD try and smoke it, but I'd have to try REAL HARD not to break it. There are some physical design parameters that just limit smokability...either cumbersome design, inconvenient design or breakable design.

My absolute favorite weirdness is one that I can treat like a normal pipe, interact with it, care for it and enjoy it by its original and intrinsic nature, but mostly just be blown away every time I look at it while smoking. :) At the very least, I'd hope that when I buy a real abstract piece, it comes with its own stand, as likely traditional stands are for traditional designs!

Kyle Weiss":hwz8gjhf said:
Yep. 8) Poor guys in the https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t9202p90-what-shapes-do-you-dislike-the-most thread... they're probably putting me on a "blocked" list at this point... :lol:
Kyle,
NO, you are not going on any blocked list as far as I'm concerned. Everyone has a different interpretation as to what one likes to collect/smoke and I certainly find it quite interesting what some carvers are doing out there. Thanks for the unique pipe photos it makes things interesting to say the least!! :D

docwatson":yixljmre said:
Kyle,
NO, you are not going on any blocked list as far as I'm concerned. Everyone has a different interpretation as to what one likes to collect/smoke and I certainly find it quite interesting what some carvers are doing out there. Thanks for the unique pipe photos it makes things interesting to say the least!! :D
...of course I was totally joking. :) Okay I admit, I only blocked a few people that are into straight billiards, and I had a bug-eyed fit over some paneled pipes, but I'm walking it off... :albino: :albino: :albino:

...another attractive element I find in some of these wacky pipes is how flexible briar can be. I read someplace that the stuff is getting rare, not only because 100 year old pieces that make the grade are harder to find, but the folks willing to do menial, dirty work for them are also harder to find. I'm not going to be as impressed with pipes made out of other material. Briar is the main reason why I smoke pipes--it's debatably the most beautiful wood turned in any craft.