Pipes and Cigars (the online retailer)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonanzadriver":johovzkh said:
The other reason I will continue to shop with them and the other 2 shops I mentioned and NEVER EVER shop at 4noggins is because of their unacceptable postings on social media sites.  

IF you don't know what I'm talkin about, go to their fb page.  Not only was it an inappropriate post for a business (Keep your politics to yourself) but the childish way they responded to people, that felt the same way I do, was nothing less than "zit faced gamer forum behavior."

At the end of the day business owners all need to decide.  "Do you want to win an argument or win a friend?"

They made their choice.  
&
I've made mine.

Dino
Wow!  I just checked on their page and am surprised.  Whatever your political views (not a trump supporter myself) that just seems like a surefire way to loose business.

Fight'n Hampsters":o8r2k5bv said:
DoverPipes":o8r2k5bv said:
SpeedyPete":o8r2k5bv said:
Richard @ 4noggins......no problems :cheers:
Well, other than his political attacks on his customers who didn't vote the way he did or thought his customers should. :p
Sounds interesting.  Care to elaborate? :D
Rich went on a tirade and attacked many of his loyal customers for their political beliefs and / or their support of President Trump. Not smart if you ask me. I know many pipe smokers who have said they were so offended by his comments that they have taken their business elsewhere and plan to never use his company for their needs.

On a side note, I had a pipe carver lose his mind over something I posted on my private Facebook Page. He messaged me with F__k You!!! (Repeated at least 10x). I was puzzled by that message so I contacted him to see what his problem was. He went on and on with insults and threats. He made an assumption about me without knowing me or my beliefs. Kind of ignorant and intolerant if you ask me. He wasn't the only one either, just the most extreme and "two dollar tough guy" with his delusional fantasies of how he was going to "punch me in the nose" because of my views :lol!: Let's just say there are many people that I will not be doing business with ever again due to their behavior..........

DoverPipes

Thanks for sharing. As far as me and social media, the BoB is it. Basically because of all the BS the social media sites is capable of creating/carrying. Yup, I want Facebook and people posting crap on my wall. I'm a private person and happy too be! My family deals with BS often on Facebook, Snapchat and KiK, also on other social media sites. Just not for me!!
Look what happened to you, another pipe maker went off on you and you had no clue. To me, something's are lost in an email or text...just pick up a phone and talk the issue out. Just my 2cents.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

DoverPipes":gfoiyp18 said:
Fight'n Hampsters":gfoiyp18 said:
DoverPipes":gfoiyp18 said:
SpeedyPete":gfoiyp18 said:
Richard @ 4noggins......no problems :cheers:
Well, other than his political attacks on his customers who didn't vote the way he did or thought his customers should. :p
Sounds interesting.  Care to elaborate? :D
Rich went on a tirade and attacked many of his loyal customers for their political beliefs and / or their support of President Trump. Not smart if you ask me. I know many pipe smokers who have said they were so offended by his comments that they have taken their business elsewhere and plan to never use his company for their needs.

On a side note, I had a pipe carver lose his mind over something I posted on my private Facebook Page. He messaged me with F__k You!!! (Repeated at least 10x). I was puzzled by that message so I contacted him to see what his problem was. He went on and on with insults and threats. He made an assumption about me without knowing me or my beliefs. Kind of ignorant and intolerant if you ask me. He wasn't the only one either, just the most extreme and "two dollar tough guy" with his delusional fantasies of how he was going to "punch me in the nose" because of my views :lol!:  Let's just say there are many people that I will not be doing business with ever again due to their behavior..........
Just from a purely business perspective it is a dumb move. I will probably only be getting some Storm Front from him from now on as he has the market on that. And again, I am not a trump supporter.

NO PLACE ELSE TO PURCHASE JOHN PATTON's BLENDS

PLUS, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but personally, he went a bit overboard.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I follow 4noggins on FB, and was witness to the event. All I can say is that these are dividing times. Honestly the reaction to the whole thing seemed a bit over blown to me, but nonetheless it was a very bizarre and unexpected exchange of unpleasantries to have posted on a businesses social media site.

I don't know if this makes me an a$$h0le or what, but it bugs me when they don't tare weight their measurements. I expect an ounce when I order an ounce. I expect 100 pipe cleaners when I order 100 pipe cleaners. I don't hope to receive more or less, but I expect to get what I ordered. The other thing I've noticed with the new P&C ownership is that they don't figure in the baggies, and some of these larger ziplocks can be several grams. How does everyone else feel about this?

Zeno Marx":2ptoshfa said:
I don't know if this makes me an a$$h0le or what, but it bugs me when they don't tare weight their measurements.  I expect an ounce when I order an ounce.  I expect 100 pipe cleaners when I order 100 pipe cleaners.  I don't hope to receive more or less, but I expect to get what I ordered.  The other thing I've noticed with the new P&C ownership is that they don't figure in the baggies, and some of these larger ziplocks can be several grams.  How does everyone else feel about this?
I agree. Then again, there have been quite a few times that the zip- loc bags were on the "heavy side". If I noticed a real difference of a few grams, I would definitely say something to them.