Pipes and Tobaccos magazine

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeLeisure

Reaction score
Just renewed my subscription, who else gets this magazine and what do you think of it. Myself personally I just love it, I am missing only a few of there entire collection.

I'm a subscriber as well and I think their articles are really well written (really, superbly written). One of my local, old school B&M's sells back copies so, I always get one when I visit and then sit outside and have a smoke.

The photos of pipes and stories of pipemakers is one of my favorite features! I will definitely be renewing my subscription!

My wife renews it for me every year for Christmas. I'm starting my fourth year as a subscriber, plus a small handful of back issues I picked up at a B&M.

Really, really a well done magazine. Even though I'm not exactly a pipe collector and don't own any high-end pipes, I love the articles on pipe-makers and pipe-making. I also always enjoy Trial by Fire.

idbowman":7nunvr35 said:
Really, really a well done magazine. Even though I'm not exactly a pipe collector and don't own any high-end pipes, I love the articles on pipe-makers and pipe-making. I also always enjoy Trial by Fire.
I feel it's more for collectors than general pipers, but there is certainly enough other good stuff there that I am a happy subscriber

I let it lapse a year or two ago. Like pointed out above - it seems to be more for collectors. I have all the issues before the laspe and occasionally reread them.

Maybe I'll weaken and resubscribe one of these days.

My wife is an amazing woman, and for one of my birthday gifts she bought me a subscription to p&t. I had bought an issue from a tinderbox, and so far that is the only issue I have read but I cannot wait for my first subscription issue to come in. I thoroughly enjoy pipe literature and it is becoming more and more scarce, so I will definitely support any form of it that I can.

Fazby":yliflb0f said:
I let it lapse a year or two ago. Like pointed out above - it seems to be more for collectors. I have all the issues before the laspe and occasionally reread them.

Maybe I'll weaken and resubscribe one of these days.
It used to have some articles for the smokers, and some for collectors. The past few years it has become totally for collectors. I wish there was pipe magazine for smokers.

I have subscribed since its inception and have all the issues. Yes, the magazine is a bit too esoteric for the average smoker, with its heavy reliance on stories of artisan pipemakers and their creative insights, most of which make my eyes glaze over. But the pictures and the ads are pretty, and it's the only game in town, so to speak. Every once in a while an article will come along that is a gem. I will continue to get it in hard copy, just for the hell of it.

P.S. Just got the latest issue last night.

I rashly let my sub lapse when the household cut down on the monthly arrival of mags. Think I'll start it up again. I'm not surprised -- or esp dismayed -- if they're tilting toward collectors. Without a fast-growing audience of new pipers, it's hard to sustain a publication of P&T's quality with editorial content tilted toward basic articles on pipe smoking how-to. The audience moves on, so the editors go with them.

Have every issue ever published and enjoy each and every one. Keep up the good work Chuck, especially love the humorous editor's comments at the beginning of each issue.
Andy C. :D

I am a subscriber as well. Great photography. My favorite features are Trial by Fire, and the Jack Dupont short stories. Simone sounds pretty hot :)

Variable":xnzh3m4g said:
and the Jack Dupont short stories.
I didn't care for it the first time I read one...it's grown on me, though, and look forward to it, now.

You know what, this thread reminds me that I haven't received the Spring edition. Has everyone gotten there's, or is it not out yet? (I hope my subscription hasn't lapsed)