Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful....straight grain billiard is just breath taking...would love to own that one.

Again the monochromatic two-tone staining. Gorgeous! The freehand is very inventive. It seems when you make freehands you really push for a creative design, perhaps something that hasn't been done before?

Very unique shapes IMHO and fine craftsmanship. I like what you have done with the freehand shapes. You have managed to really let the grain of the briar flow with the shape. The final polish, fit and finish look flawless. Well done indeed.

I am a very happy customer of Maksim's. I first came across his pipes about a year ago through Nick Miller's Quality Briar site and I now own six, including two of the ones Maksim showed earlier in this thread.

I can say that all of mine are engineered and carved with extreme precision, and they all smoke wonderfully. He clearly takes enormous care to make his pipes just right in every detail. It is a particularly nice feeling to put a pipecleaner through one of his pipes and feel it glide effortlessly to the bowl because of the polished airway. I think if you like the style of Maksim's pipes they are fantastic value. I believe you would have to pay a great deal of money to find another pipe with this kind of engineering perfection. I also think the texture of Maksim's sandblasts, the quality of his stem carving, and the precision of his shaping are outstanding.

Some of Maksim's recent and more artistic shapes are not really to my taste, but that's a personal thing and I applaud Maksim's willingness to experiment and develop his art. The way I think about Maksim's pipes is that they are made for everyday smoking and comfort, but have a level of internal engineering perfection that is far beyond this price range. That combination is something I think Maksim does better than anyone else.

I can see I will have to start saving my $$ to get one of these outstandingly perfect pipes. This is a true craftsman of the old school way of doing things (making it perfect). Thanks for the pictures and for tugging at the heartstrings with these beautiful creations.

pepesdad1":a7m7p26d said:
Beautiful....straight grain billiard is just breath taking...would love to own that one.
Pepesdad1,
Thank you! There is no obstacle for this. I would be pleased to make a pipe for you. Don’t hesitate to write me a message.

alfredo_buscatti":kdob89ql said:
Again the monochromatic two-tone staining. Gorgeous! The freehand is very inventive. It seems when you make freehands you really push for a creative design, perhaps something that hasn't been done before?
Alfredo_buscatti,
Thank you. It is rather difficult and even almost impossible to make something absolutely new… more exactly I do synthesize my own ideas with great heritage of the craftsmen of the old school.
Now I am working on several freehands in the same spirit that the last one I showed here (1212). They will be its development and evolution.

Mikem":lvg8sw9c said:
Very unique shapes IMHO and fine craftsmanship. I like what you have done with the freehand shapes. You have managed to really let the grain of the briar flow with the shape. The final polish, fit and finish look flawless. Well done indeed.
Mikem,
Thank you for your noting all these details. In a large measure it is merit of the craftsmen whom I consider as my spiritual leaders, I mean the craftsmen of the old school.

RD":25q1wu9q said:
I am a very happy customer of Maksim's. I first came across his pipes about a year ago through Nick Miller's Quality Briar site and I now own six, including two of the ones Maksim showed earlier in this thread.

I can say that all of mine are engineered and carved with extreme precision, and they all smoke wonderfully. He clearly takes enormous care to make his pipes just right in every detail. It is a particularly nice feeling to put a pipecleaner through one of his pipes and feel it glide effortlessly to the bowl because of the polished airway. I think if you like the style of Maksim's pipes they are fantastic value. I believe you would have to pay a great deal of money to find another pipe with this kind of engineering perfection. I also think the texture of Maksim's sandblasts, the quality of his stem carving, and the precision of his shaping are outstanding.

Some of Maksim's recent and more artistic shapes are not really to my taste, but that's a personal thing and I applaud Maksim's willingness to experiment and develop his art. The way I think about Maksim's pipes is that they are made for everyday smoking and comfort, but have a level of internal engineering perfection that is far beyond this price range. That combination is something I think Maksim does better than anyone else.
Richard,
Thank you for your detailed post and praise. I actually blushed :oops:
It would be a pleasure for me, if my pipes could give rise to such feelings which you described in all and every owner of my pipes.

Hereward":v6lujji6 said:
The first horn is awesome! I love the billiards too.

Beautiful pipes!
Hereward,
Thank you! I am glad that you made special mention of my pipes.

Hello, Everyone!
Here are two blowfish.

The first one:
Sandblasted Blowfish, 1121

mn-06_10.jpg

mn-06_11.jpg

mn-06_12.jpg

mn-06_13.jpg

mn-06_15.jpg

mn-06_17.jpg

mn-06_18.jpg

mn-06_19.jpg

and the second one:
Sandblasted Blowfish, 1129

1dscf110.jpg

1dscf210.jpg

1dscf310.jpg

1dscf410.jpg

1dscf510.jpg

1dscf610.jpg

1dscf810.jpg

1dscf111.jpg

Thank you for your opinion in advance!

Those look fantastic! I'm almost more fascinated by the cool looking lighter pictured with the sandblasted blowfish!

Those 2 blowfish are both very nice, great lines and stellar workmanship!

John, Kyle, RR, Ocelot55 and Pepesdad1,
Thank you for your "like"and kind words.
I am sorry for long keeping silence. But I have some pipe to show you.

CORSAIR Dragon 1307, Reverse Calabash, No. 1 of Set CORSAIR:

1307-110.jpg
1307-211.jpg

1307-310.jpg

1307-411.jpg

1307-510.jpg

1307-710.jpg

1307-810.jpg
1307-910.jpg

1307-911.jpg

1307-912.jpg

1307-913.jpg

1307-914.jpg

1307-915.jpg

1307-916.jpg

1307-917.jpg

1307-918.jpg

It is excellent craftsmanship and very sculptural. It not a pipe I'd care to own however.

I'm honored to be in the presence of such exquisite work. The blowfish before are breathtaking. The CORSAIR Dragon 1307, Reverse Calabash, No. 1 of Set CORSAIR, while not my style of pipe is also a breathtaking piece of work.
Stunning is the only word for your work, a labor of love and it clearly shows it.

Thank you for showing off your work, truly a delight.