Pipes with wells or reservoirs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forsooth

Reaction score
Other than Peterson, does anyone else make a briar pipe that includes a well or reservoir for the condensation?

Thanks.

My Falcons indeed have a condensation well under the bowl, and I am often surprised how 'well' they catch moisture... I understand any 'Calabash' style pipe does the same. Other have already been mentioned, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were more!!!

Thanks, Fr_Tom and Tim, for the good suggestions.

When I started googling the Savinelli Dry System, I found one up for auction on ebay.

And the first pipe I ever smoked was a Falcon...I should have remembered that one.

Acme makes beautiful "double chamber" pipes. He's a member here, though I don't think I've seen him around for a long time. Also has a website. The inspiration was the calabash, but I'm sure he explains it well on his site. There's a thread or two talking about double chamber pipes, and he posted in them.

http://acmepipes.com/Pipes.php

I thought I would add the Kirsten pipes which do a good job catching any moisture. More metal shancked pipes add the Dr Grabow (sp) Viking.

desertpiper wrote: "Well, that's a pretty deep subject! lol. sorry couldn't resist."

Ha! Especially for a guy like me - with such a shallow mind. :)  Couldn't resist either.

Zeno Marx":zm37s2tq said:
Acme makes beautiful "double chamber" pipes.  He's a member here, though I don't think I've seen him around for a long time.  Also has a website.  The inspiration was the calabash, but I'm sure he explains it well on his site.  There's a thread or two talking about double chamber pipes, and he posted in them.

http://acmepipes.com/Pipes.php
Thanks! Those are some seriously interesting designs! (Somewhat above my "pay grade" unfortunately).

Who is that attractive lady in your avatar?

I noticed that was your 999th post. ONE more for the win!! Thanks.

forsooth, I'm along the lines of thinking that a double chamber pipe, and a pipe with a moisture reservoir are 2 separate designs, although in my experience the double chamber pipe is the superior of the two.

I have noticed after examining the internals of many bent pipes, quite a few of them feature a small moisture reservoir. Not hardly large enough for a filter to fit, but certainly functional in preventing condensation from making it's way back into the bowl. I suppose the nature of bent pipes creating additional condensation, makes a moisture reservoir a very functional part of the design.

Here's a few pics of my Design Berlin Premier bent, that feature's a small reservoir that works well. It is one of my best smoking production pipes, and I really like the fluted art deco styling. It almost looks like an antique pipe, especially so when I leave the silver spigot unpolished.

Ozark Wizard":8gbibvqz said:
Love that porcelain Sabot pipe in the background too!!
Ozark, it was shaped like a wooden shoe, so I had to have it in my collection. I also have a few of the collectible Zenith Christmas pipes in my collection in unsmoked condition, but I don't think I have any pics of them handy.

The H Weibe Radiators are similar in function to Falcons but have a much deeper residue chamber. Works very well in the 2 weeks I've had it.