Piping Resolution

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peckinpahhombre

Reaction score
ok, I am sure many of us have numerous resolutions planned for 2013 that don't involve pipes or tobacco, but since this is a website devoted to pipes and tobacco I thought I would dwell on that subject. What are the top one or two things you would like to accomplish in the hobby this year? A particular pipe or pipes you want to get? A tobacco you want to try?

Personally, I would like to add 50 lbs of tobacco to my cellar stash and also want to have a pipe or two commissioned from one or two of my favourite artisan pipe makers. More on this latter objective soon, as I am currently working with our own Mr. Brian Growley on a project.

Hmm, I don't have my sights set on cellaring like many of you, for me I want to continue expanding my experience of different tobaccos, possibly add a pipe or two over the year, and make more of an effort to have a bowl regularly - the winter weather in the area I've moved to is kicking my ass, and as an outdoor smoker I've let it defeat me too often. Today I was out in a blowing sea mist that drenched me through three layers in about 10 mins... but I still managed to finish my bowl. :D So I'm making progress on that score.

peckinpahhombre":dq3u1sw5 said:
ok, I am sure many of us having numerous resolutions planned for 2013 that don't involve pipes or tobacco, but since this is a website devoted to pipes and tobacco I thought I would dwell on that subject. What are the top one or two things you would like to accomplish in the hobby this year? A particular pipe or pipes you want to get? A tobacco you want to try?

Personally, I would like to add 50 lbs of tobacco to my cellar stash and also want to have a pipe or two commissioned from one or two of my favourite artisan pipe makers. More on this latter objective soon, as I am currently working with our own Mr. Brian Growley on a project.
I'd like to aquire a Mark Tinsky Xmas 2012 pipe, always admired his work & build my tobacco cellar as much as $ possible.

I would like to make at least 52 pipes, to purchase a lathe, and to purchase a pipe from my friend Daniel at ND pipes, and one from Christian at Tarock briar.

I would like to have enough tobacco to smoke this year, I honestly don't see how I can make a cellar and still progress with my tooling needs for pipe making.

rev

I would like to have 100 lbs in the cellar. That represents purchases of 58 pounds plus replacing what I smoke. so around 65 or 66 pounds for next year.

I have plenty of pipes but I would like to add a few more :lol:

I just want to finish the pipe cabinet I started about 4 years ago. I have the drawers made for the pipes and storage, the oak for the carcass has cured and is ready to plane, cut, and finish. All I need is a couple pieces of white marble cut for the top and bottom,,,and some ambition.

I just want to smoke in blissful, delicious peace as much as I am able. Lofty, but easy to achieve and simple. I cannot fail! :cheers:

8)

I am going to form a punk rock band to practice next door to your house :)

rev

the rev":py5ezsne said:

rev
Thank goodness. Accepting applications? :)

8)

the rev":snthyalf said:

rev
Wait a minute!!!!!

Punk Rock bands practice?????? :lol:

Slide":zbfowqo3 said:
the rev":zbfowqo3 said:

rev
Wait a minute!!!!!

you think they can jump around like that without killing themselves without practice?

rev

Slide":tful4upy said:
Wait a minute!!!!!

Duh, they practice heavy drinking. How else shall they temper their livers and gain confidence with a guitar? :p It's great fun.

8)

My resolution is to kick the cigarettes to the curb while sampling pipe tobacco blends to find out what I want to keep on hand.

Ken

I would like to add a couple of Bulldogs to my collection, finish the pipe rack I started a week ago, and as Kyle put it so eloquently, "smoke in blissful, delicious peace as much as I am able" too! :D

Well said Kyle, well said.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

i want to make at least one pipe a month. i also want to figure out English blends. i don't quite get 'em yet... should probably smoke some and lay off the aged VA i guess

My primary resolution is to stop buying average pipes, and instead focus on purchasing 3 or 4 outstanding pipes this year. Either something vintage and collectable, like Charatan, Barling, or Sasieni, or something high end artesian like a Roush, S. Bang, Jim Cooke, Rad Davis, Lasse Skovgaard, or a Bill Ashton Taylor.

Also, want to focus more on cellaring some Latakia bulk blends, as well as some Virginia and Oriental tins.

Weaning myself from cigarettes.

(Smoking resolution. Pipes & tobaccos are fine as-is).

:face:

"Try" and buy only four or five pipes total for the year and "thin" the herd a little.

Both may prove tough to do but so far I am actually doing it!! :roll: :roll: :affraid: :affraid:

Yak":aymz01sa said:
Weaning myself from cigarettes.

(Smoking resolution. Pipes & tobaccos are fine as-is).

:face:
Best of luck to you!