Pirate's Booty! One Hundred Pieces of Treasure!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must echo the sentiments of the gentlemen before me when I say Thanks and Great Job! You stated that most boxes needed postage. If the money I sent with my box was not enough to cover postage, please pm me with the difference and I will send it out post haste.

d4klutz":ykxqgsra said:
...You stated that most boxes needed postage. If the money I sent with my box was not enough to cover postage, please pm me with the difference and I will send it out post haste.
Oh yeah, missed this--definitely hit me up if you need more lucre to cover the postage. Sorry!

I received my share of the loot! The real prize to me was the Lamy pen. I've been wanting a good solid fountain pen and this one is working great!

My treasure she be received!  Thanks BH!  Absolute pleasure.  To the rest of the crew as well.

I got my goodies in and am very excited about all of it. I'm really excited to try the Pete. I've never had one before. She's a nice looking pipe too. Thanks for all the work. It was a great time.

So many new baccy's to try too  :bounce: :drunken: 

I received my box o' booty, me hearties!

Thanks to cap'n BlackHorse for putting this together.

I went out today and bought a nice pirate hat, so when my booty arrives, I can take a festive photo  :pirat: 

Thank you everyone, esp. the Captain, for letting me play along. He was also generous enough to send more than a bit of booty my way -- I came out ahead (which wasn't planned), and I hope everyone else can say the same.

Smee

Got mine, too--thanks so much, all and sundry! Such booty...

Inaugurated my new Tinderbox pipe with some of Steve Books' First Smoke, because I kind of had to--it's right there in the name!

Also, I took one sniff of that Tambolaka and got weak in the knees--that stuff smells positively evil. Not bad, mind you, just...dangerous! Like king cobra venom mixed up with TNT. I'm right to be frightened, aren't I? If I don't survive, give me a burial at sea...

GrampaGrossbart":c8wfpapb said:
Also, I took one sniff of that Tambolaka and got weak in the knees--that stuff smells positively evil. Not bad, mind you, just...dangerous! Like king cobra venom mixed up with TNT. I'm right to be frightened, aren't I? If I don't survive, give me a burial at sea...
As I remember this, yes, fairly strong N, but to me it just tasted rough and unfinished. I ended up giving most of it to someone who grows his own tobacco -- he found it rather mild and soothing (which it why I won't smoke his 'experiments')

Thanks again to Blackhorse for setting this up, Mr Smee for his part and everyone for playing along! Here is a pic of my booty, and me trying for a pirate scowl!

Fatman":6489om77 said:
Thanks again to Blackhorse for setting this up, Mr Smee for his part and everyone for playing along! Here is a pic of my booty, and me trying for a pirate scowl!

Awesome pic! :cheers: 

Woohoo! My pirate treasure arrived today, albeit, the box looks like it fell off the side of the boat and then got trampled by a herd of elephants. However, the goods inside arrived intact. I celebrated with a bowl of night train in my clay pipe. Smoked beautifully, she did. And yes, i coated the lip in parrafin before risking the skin to the clay.

Thanks again, blackhorse for setting this up for us. It was a bit of fun for sure!

Great image, FM!

d4--careful with the clay, the bowl and lower stem get a lot hotter than any briar or meer!

One thing I got in the loot pile (and, no...it wasn't LOOT-a -FISK!)

A tin of 2008 Dunhill Light Flake. Wow! Five years does a fine job on allowing this worthy blend to mature. There almost seems to be that cigarette-ish flavor of Turkish in it...man...right in my wheelhouse! What a treat!

MrSmee":7pdejfpb said:
d4--careful with the clay, the bowl and lower stem get a lot hotter than any briar or meer!
Yeah, I almost burned my fingers once. I actually coated the stem where I held it with parrafin so I didnt burn my fingers. Only issue was that it melted the wax on my shirt. :/