Piston ring job

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
So as some of you may know I do small engine work sometimes I wish I didn't how is telling my mother-in-law what needed to be done with the mower it's a Cub Cadet zero turn and I said you know I can do it no big deal I can replace the piston rings check the Pistons clean the carburetor and you know stuff like that when I bust into this thing and it makes me hate hate hate the the smug Engineers that design these things it's nuts how much you have to take off just to get to one part across this every time I break into a more but everytime it surprises the hell out of me

I hear ya. I always try to fix the mechanical problems that comes up with my mowers and my Cub Cadet LT1046 garden tractor. But now I have a problem with the hydrostatic transmission that I can't figure out, and to get to what I think is the problem requires taking the whole darn thing, including the body parts apart. I hate the thought of taking it to someone to fix. Maybe I'll just junk it. It is almost 20 years old! But then again, I don't like using push mowers. :scratch: