Pitiful

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
My sources tell me this is not taken out of context or anything.  How does anyone associated with this keep from blowing their brains out?  These poor kids.  Anyone here care to defend it, or perhaps attack me for posting?  I know there are some professors among us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fmO-ziHU_D8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

Liberalism's end game has arrived.
Promote the 'minority' regardless the cost.
Lower standards so everyone succeeds in the name of equality
And scream hatred if anyone disagrees.

This IS an affront to any semi-intelligent mind and anathema to all the intelligent minority and intelligent women.

I'm very much reminded of the flaming gay painted pink with peacock feathers parading down the street screaming they are normal. (While the Normal gay dude is shaking his head thinking "this does not represent me" while sitting in the traffic jam the parade caused

Perhaps the whole point of it was to do a debate completely outside the established paradigm? It's obvious the two girls are perfectly articulate in the interview, yet the debate itself was in rap/rhyme/ebonics. Weird.

That was articulate?  

And screaming. " uhh nigger Huuuu nigger. War nigger" is not rap/rhyme/Ebonics.  It's repetition of a racial epitaph delivered in the quasi normative preaching style of the Black Pentecostal Church.

Edited in: a white man was banned from the NBA for saying something in private that was far less racially insensitive.. After deciphering more of the championship winning debate apparently I send black men ( I won't call any man what she called them) to their death. I revel in sending black men (again I won't call any man what she called them) to suffer. And on and on and on.

It's perfectly acceptable to hate?

Peeb":wu88djea said:
That was articulate?  

And screaming. " uhh nigger Huuuu nigger. War nigger" is not rap/rhyme/Ebonics.  It's repetition of a racial epitaph delivered in the quasi normative preaching style of the Black Pentecostal Church.

I was referring to the interview with the newscaster at the beginning of the video. Both girls seem pretty well spoken in that exchange, anyway. That's why I imagine the so-called debate had a different purpose or parameters .

Peeb":wu88djea said:
It's perfectly acceptable to hate?
That entirely depends on who you ask. It's going to happen whether more (perhaps) enlightened folk accept it or not. Hate isn't so much about who or what they hate, it's about the world view of the hater.  As long as there are self-absorbed people who seek an external validation of their identity, there's gonna be hatin'.

Mmm, that wasn't what I expected it to be; an articulate presentation of a concept. More an artistic expres​sion(rap?) of their view on something which I still don't understand. What was the purpose of all the 'uhs'? Stone the crows, I must be getting old... I'm not surprised they didn't win; that would have been a travesty and an indicator that society is on the slippery slope  :affraid: 

Stick. It did win.

Mr E. I don't suggest hate isn't going to happen. What I suggest is that it is ludicrous to punish 'one side' while giving 'the other side' trophies. Was this part of the Hateolympics?

puros_bran":2qdahuvx said:
Stick.   It did win.

Mr E.    I don't suggest hate isn't going to happen. What I suggest is that it is ludicrous to punish 'one side' while giving 'the other side' trophies.  Was this part of the Hateolympics?
That's why I think the whole point of the "debate" was to allow for, let's say, "non-mainstream expression" as a means to communicate legitimate ideas. For somebody with a different background, like us, that particular form of expression might sound ludicrous. But, again, their gripe is (possibly) that their intelligence is/has been always measured by "whitey's" standards. I can see their point of view, even if I don't choose to express myself in a similar manner.

It's funny, the point you're making about the Hateolympic trophies has been expressed many, many times by  :face: .

Sorry Mr Puros Sir, that was my dry Brit sense of humour taking an ironic stance. (Ergo, I believe it to be a travesty).

I'm well aware of Yaks positions, I do not disagree with many of them.

Well the OP said that the event was not out of context.   The video states that it is the http://www.cedadebate.org/ championship.  
It is not, as you envision, some rap fight or whatever.  It is a classical debate, and I don't care how this statement colors me, THAT was not classic debate.   The video states it's the first time an all female all minority team has won.. And watching that, whatever it was, win a championship speaks volumes as to the intent.

No, I know that was a totally legitimate debate. I looked up CEDA and everything, too. It is shocking to hear.

I'm just pointing out the possibility that our point of view on what legitimate expression is might be narrow.  In other words, we drank our own Kool Aid and see everything through that lens.

Based on what I am reading this competition was not a speech competition it was a debate competition. Therefore the winnner of the debate should be (and probably is) based on content rather than delivery. Considering the very short snippets of delivery that we are privy to here it seems that these two young women must have had superior content. If they presented an argument that was far superior than that offered by their competitors they should win regardless of their presentation style.

They mentioned that they spent months preparing for this debate and many hours of research so clearly the competition was about content not delivery.  Without having a transcript of the competition and knowing what arguments were made it is impossible to decide if these competitors were justified in winning. You are seeing 10 second snippets of the debate without really understanding the depth of the arguments being presented. Clearly the competition committee in this association that has been around for decades felt that the content provided by this team was superior.

Also, it is very likely that these responses were under a tight time constraint and so that may have contributed to a rushed and stuttering style of delivery. It is likely that other teams were also rushed and may have produced soundbites that appear odd when viewed out of context of the whole debate.  I have participated in a few debates and there is an extreme time pressure when you have to take the information that was provided by the opposing argument and assimilate a response in real time. The political debates we see on TV are a poor example of what a real debate is. Most of the time the politicians fall back on well rehearsed talking points and rarely address the actual points made by their competition

Based on the fact that these two young women managed to win a national competition it stands to reason that their content must have been far superior in order for them to win.

If 'White is killing the nigger' (their words not mine) is superior content I'd truly despise witnessing the others content.

one last point:

I think it is a significant flaw in American society that we base so much of our opinions on the appearance and/or delivery of the person providing the message rather than the content of the message.

I like to refer to this as the craft beer phenomenon. We are all about packaging in this society. That is why Coors consistently outsells Stone and Dogfish Head: they have the shiniest packaging and best marketing campaigns despite a clearly inferior product.

What the ..........and this is how they entertain themselves?
Gotta be more constructive things to do. :fpalm: 

APKurt":erk63myy said:
one last point:

I like to refer to this as the craft beer phenomenon. We are all about packaging in this society. That is why Coors consistently outsells Stone and Dogfish Head: they have the shiniest packaging and best marketing campaigns despite a clearly inferior product.
AP, without trying to argue your point, I think that is a matter of opinion only.
When I was still drinking, Coors (NOT Coors light crap) and Lone Star were my favorite beers.
Always crisp and refreshing to me, specially when icy cold.
Now ya done it, I wanna a beer. :fpalm: 

Upon further investigation I redact my objection.

Congratulations to Townson University's Korey Johnson and Ameena Ruffin.