Plans for pipe rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telly

Reaction score
If anyone has any type of plans for a pipe rack could you please pass them along to me. I have tried to get one off E-Bay so I can get the dimensions to build my own, but keep getting outbid at the last few seconds.
I have a beautiful piece of black walnut sitting in my garage just asking to be a two tier, 24 pipe rack. I'm getting ready to retire from the military and would like to make this one of my first retirement project. The honey due list can wait.
I have seached the internet for plans but have come up empty. I've even looked a some of the DIY sites and could not find anything.
Any help in my endever would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a 3 tier 36 piperack off e-bay and I advise against it.Got mine
2 weeks ago and it is rather a disappoinment since it just wasn't designed
for the larger bent pipes I favor.It might be fine for a bunch of Grabow straight
billiards but I can only fit 24 of my pipes in it.The 2nd tier is useless.Maybe
someone has plans or you can build it atier at a time and then cobble it together.

Winslow

Telly, I saw some plans on ASP some time back. I can't remember what shape or style, they may have been some that the pipe hangs by the stem, or maybe both that and uprights. They were offered no charge. Hope this helps.

Is that the old tried and true KC 135, been out of A.F. for 30 ++++?

Bd Bruce

Never Forget! Especially Today!!

Bulldog Bruce":9lat04xt said:
Telly, I saw some plans on ASP some time back. I can't remember what shape or style, they may have been some that the pipe hangs by the stem, or maybe both that and uprights. They were offered no charge. Hope this helps.

Is that the old tried and true KC 135, been out of A.F. for 30 ++++?

Bd Bruce

Never Forget! Especially Today!!
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Yes, that is a KC-135R. That one in the picture was one I was a crew chief on back in the mid 70's, Tail number 62-3516 when I was stationed in New York. Back when I crewed that one it was still an KC-135A.

218.jpg

214.jpg

Simple and functional 10 pipe rack, Bro In Law made me.

Here's a little different one. Go to this site Synjeco and click on "The PipeTree®" link.

My brother made me one from some scrap red oak planks with a square base.

He made the slots a little large but it worked out fine after I put some adhesive backed felt tape on them.

Jim

MikeM gifted me a pipe tree. For a pipe rack, it could not be simpler. It looks like a 1 x 5 mounted upright on a heavy base. Maybe a 2 x 10 cut so it's 10 inches square, but not as thick. Still heavy. Then slots to hang pipes by the stems, on each side of the upright. Maybe 3/4 of an inch apart, starting several inches off the base. It will hold 16 pipes. Was finished with a very nice stain and coating.

I have others, some more traditional. Chuck (of Chuck's Racks) gave me a nice 2 pipe rack. Or was that in a boxpass? I don't remember. I like to use it upstairs on the porch in the summer. You will often find Chuck at shows east of the Mississippi. Mostly Ohio , IN, and PA.