Plantation Original Dark Rum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
13294973779998.png
Plantation Original Dark Rum. I'm very surprised at how good this rum is for the $14.00 I paid for a liter bottle. I'm enjoying the beverages that I drank in my 20s, particularly ice cold rum and cola. I finished a bottle of Bacardi, 8 Years Aged, and thought I try something really cheap. Plantation Original Dark Rum fit the bill, and mixed with cola over ice, it satisfies as well as the pricier rum.

13294973779998.png
Plantation Original Dark Rum. I'm very surprised at how good this rum is for the $14.00 I paid for a liter bottle. I'm enjoying the beverages that I drank in my 20s, particularly ice cold rum and cola. I finished a bottle of Bacardi, 8 Years Aged, and thought I try something really cheap. Plantation Original Dark Rum fit the bill, and mixed with cola over ice, it satisfies as well as the pricier rum.
Steve, you might want to try Whalers dark rum. Think it's about $18 a bottle at Trader Joes. Good stuff. If you can find it, Castillo spiced rum is good and really cheap, $15 for a 150 ml bottle.

When I have rum, I have Black Seal. It does everything a rum is supposed to do.

I came across the 750ml of that rum on sale and picked up all the bottles they had left (maybe 8-9) and I opened 1, gave the rest away and everyone that I gave one to said they liked it. At those prices, it's definitely a good mixer. I wonder what would happen spraying a tiny bit on a tobacco you plan to smoke it the next 30 days?

I just discovered Plantation Pineapple Rum. Not very sweet, and no taste or smell of pineapple, but a joy for sipping straight or maybe with a splash of water.