Polyp free!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, mate. A good one to strike off the list of potential health concerns.

See? All that beer is good for you! Nice to walk out of the doctor's office without a follow-up scheduled. Congratulations!

Blackhorse":ucmahssw said:
If you feel deprived you can have some of mine!
Always generous to a fault Dave. But thank you, no....

;)

GeoffC":ucmahssw said:
Did you get a signed note from your doctor to give your wife that he didn't find your head up there?
No wife/SWMBO. No woman, no cry!

:cherry:

Appreciate all the other support gents. No, it's not exactly a pleasant thing to go through. But the reality is it's not all that bad either. As always the prep is the worst part of it and even that wasn't awful.

Colon cancer is one of the most preventable of all the big-C's, provided one
is proactive. Polyps that can develop into cancer can be removed. And while I submit a stool sample yearly (ya I know this is gross to talk about) this is also not a guarantee. Only a colonoscopy can reveal if there's any issues.

Some folks are squeamish about this. I get that. But it's also something that can save your life, including and especially if there's been a history of colon cancer in your family.

Fortunately in my family history there is not. That alone does not give me a pass. Hence I got my first one at age 52 (50 is the recommended year) and came back negative for polyps. I was a bit tardy on the 10 yr recheck and just had this second one performed after a further 14 years.

So I'm no shining example, but at the same time I'd strongly encourage each and every one of you age 50 and over to get this done asap if you haven't already. It could quite literally save your life.

Off the soapbox now.......

Cheers,

RR

Congratulations..Great News......I get mine done every year.I always have polyps.Doc says it's genetics.He also said that if I hadn't been getting them removed I would have been gone to the happy hunting ground long ago..I've had friends die from Colon Cancer..It's not a nice way to go.

BD, thank you for sharing your experience! Not exactly fun, but damn necessary!! Big insert in the WSJ a few days ago about men not going to their doctor/s nearly enough. I can tell you this much, seeing your Doc for regular checkups (yeah, even the ol' "finger wave!") is much better than seeing your doctor and hearing "uh oh!" We caught my "Mr. C" very early nine years ago. Now I just get regular checkups twice a year with no sign of recurrence. I've buried several of my old friends who just would not get any exams done; they even avoided it while in the military! Their last few years/months were not pleasant, I assure you!!
So, put on your clean underwear (like Mom always told you to do!), go the doctor, and get checked out!! Before something "checks" you out!!! FWIW, just my two cents :cheers: FTRPLT

That’s grand news BD, a real load off your ummm err nevermind. And yes guys and gals, if your over fifty, get regular checkups. Better safe than sorry.