Popped into Boston’s famous L.J. Peretti today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
And I managed to leave with my shirt, lol. Quarter pounds of two new favorites: century, a proper stout Latakia which I couldn’t leave without. And D-7485, a va/bur with orientals and a dash of Latakia. Also, a pocket sized shop pipe that was a steal.

Fantastic shopping experience in there! Could’ve hung out there all day and sampled every blend they make, and they have a pipe makers’ workshop in the basement. They tried to tell my wife she could go shopping around the commons and come back for me later lol.
DB410500-2062-420F-B59F-A212B26293A2.jpeg

I’m fixed to try the whole slew eventually. And the experience of the shop is awesome. I could’ve hung out there all day. If any of you all ever find yourself in Boston, it’s worth the trip.

I’ve been in there and an almost identical experience to yours…but it was a number of year ago. Bought 3 half pounds and a shop Prince.

You could have dropped your wife off at Cheers, the iconic bar where Sam and Frazier and Woody worked in the TV show. Even thiugh they did the show on a different set. As I remember Cheers is only a few blocks away.

We didn’t go inside many places because of various local ordinances. We did go through the commons, walk the freedom trail, visit graves of some founding fathers and go to Quincy market though. My wife actually smoked my pipe full of well aged Irish oak I had walked in there smoking lol.

Was the staff friendly? I've dealt with them on the phone and they've been pretty curt.

Cheers,

RR
I was there years ago and experienced some Boston attitude. I was aquatinted with one of the guys from pipe shows and he was not very friendly.

It’s funny…their reputation is totally bipolar. You’re either treated like a disease or a long lost favorite son. Stories of guy’s experiences are never much in between.

I guess some of it could be a regional thing. I’ve met folks who think new Englanders are rude in general lol. I would say we are very nearly all business conversationally, compared to people from Tennessee for instance. They are definitely very busy in there most of the time, so maybe the phone isn’t the best option all the time