Possible December Delivery Disaster Mission.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
As I’ve said I’m skittish about doing a mission this December.  We’ve had a grand and glorious run here near the end of this year...and I do hate to see it come to an end.

SIDE A - NO MISSION

But for the following reasons...I think perhaps a December mission might not be the best idea...

1. There’s another Christmas event going on & I assume most of you jokers are signed up for that...the Secret Santa thing. So an end of the year holiday event is already being done.
2. The way the calendar days fall (Christmas falling right smack dab on the proper mailing dates) would make it very difficult for a coordinated mission. Look at Christmas week and you’ll see that putting together a package to send, finding an open Post Office, getting there amid all the other things you might have to do and everyone involved doing it all so that a coherent Bombing might occur...is “unlikely”.
3. Pilots might well be “gifted out” for a bit...or just in need of a break.

SIDE B - DO A MISSION

Me? Not a problem. I have both small and medium flat rate boxes in my work room. I can pop one together, go into my “Cave of Wonders” cache and pick 3 or 4 items. Then to address the box...hmmm...total time investment is maybe half an hour...no out of pocket funds required. Then it takes well under an hour for me to pop over to the PO and use the big machine to weigh, calculate postage and print my label. Then drop it in the package receptacle and I’m outta there.  Maybe even drive through a Starbucks and snag a pumpkin spice latte on the way home.  And...let the elves worry about the bombs all arriving on time. Que sera sera.

So chime in boyos.  What be yer pleasure?  Pick one...A for doing a pause on the missions til January...B to throw caution to the wind and go go go!

I’m going to need at least TEN pilots that really want to fly. So sign in please.

(The reality...given holiday delays and closures it would mean the actual mailing date would be either Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st. If you can absolutely do that without excuse or failure...you qualify.)

As usual, I will be on furlough then. Best of luck if you decide to fly under those hazardous conditions!

I may have to sit this one out. Still looking for a home and may be at the in-laws during that time. Plus that is right around the wife's and mothers birthdays so I'll be swamped with that. I will definitely be ready to go for January though.

I’m going to keep a running total here:

No to Mission

1. DrT999
2. D.L.Ruth
3. eggman
4. Timbo
5. Ozark Wizard

And adding myself to the majority population...

6. Blackhorse

Yes to Mission

1. Fr_Tom
2. BriarBeagle
3. Brewdude

Maybe Yes/Maybe No

1. GeoffC

I'd like to submit an "aye" vote, but then again, I'm vengeful and seeking retribution for the November antics.

I could go either way, really, but will concede to the majority vote of others in the squadron.

If we wait for January, then I'm a double "AYE" vote.

On the fence.  Already a chaos month and online shops are selling out of the good stuff at a higher rate then usual. Neither aye or nay. I will go with the flow of the group

As much I would like to help the pilots smoke another unsuspecting individual. The December run will be a little to much for me with everything we have going on. So I will have to take a leave til January.

Fellow pilots, I hate to say it, but I'm spent!

The craft has been flying almost nonstop, refueling enroute and almost uninterrupted air time. I've even turned the autopilot on to grab a few winks.

So, I'm grounded for the year, if for nothing else but change my flight suit and get the plane serviced. If you folks do fly, I will be with you in spirit!

Carry on......

I’ll have to sit out. The month is already crazy and it’s only just begun.

Well gentlemen, given the hard numbers and the trend I’m going to go ahead and call this one.  

Re the question of whether to skip the December mission due to calendar and low available pilot issues...It’s two to one against with one abstention.

The December mission is therefore and hereby set aside til it’s tIme for the January mission to be announced and organized.  We’ll all be fresh and ready for a fight at that time I’m certain.

And so...

Laying a finger aside of my nose
And giving a nod, up the chimney I rose.
I sprang to my sleigh, to my team gave a whistle,
And away we all flew, like the down of a thistle:
And yea I exclaimed, ere I drove out of sight-
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Have a good one me hearties.