Possible opportunity

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
Soooo... I have been working on a top secret project , Arky asked what it was and I told him " If I tell you I have to Kill you" so obviously I told him and that's why hes been quiet on here.... :joker: Now I am at the point in my project that I can tell everyone what I am up to.... A few of you may know that I was in Radio for the better part of a decade back in the day, I ABSOLUTELY loved my job and excelled in it, down fall, my Boss the station owner was a straight up shady and a D bag and I wasnt going to lose my FCC license due to him and his shenanigans so I signed off for good in 2004. I had started as an intern when I was still in school. I have attended whlay to many Conclaves in Minnesota over the years and made some good contacts and friends in the industry that I maintain correspondence with. On April 13th I lost a damn good friend. Art Bell passed away, I met him at one of the radio conventions I had attended. A young punk, working in Rock radio asking a random stranger if I could bum a cigarette off him.... " Wanna take a ride???" Should be how I started this post as a nod to him. Art and I just clicked and a friendship blossomed over the years. ( I still boycott a certain broadcasting company over the crap they put him through). Being numb at best in my current line of work and losing a mentor I decided it's time for a change. I made a few phone calls, sent a few emails , got the response back that I wanted and started building a recording studio ar my house. I have trade marked my show name and will be officially entering the " Minor leagues " next month with the launch of my web show " Great Lakes High Strangeness " I have decided to transition from my old market of rock and roll and go into talk. I will be covering all things paranormal, my goal with my connections at Iheart is to hopefully get semi syndicated.... my web page is currently being built and my opening and closing music has already been professionally recorded.... so would anyone be interested in giving a listen next month when I go weekly? By July I hope to be broadcasting live and taking calls..... I'm super nervous but at the same time I'm tingling with excitement!!!!

I'd give it a listen, is it live only or will there be a download afterwards from the website?

SourMilk":mm3dlt7n said:
I'd give it a listen, is it live only or will there be a download afterwards from the website?
Right now it looks like I can archive 6 weeks worth at a crack for download

You let me know when and I might even call in. Paranormal activity you say? Fun stuff!!

Ozark Wizard":z1m5dgbm said:
You let me know when and I might even call in. Paranormal activity you say? Fun stuff!!
Hell you'll be a guest

Ozark Wizard":5zkpc4s4 said:
Ah so, you love me for my voice. I see..... :lol!:
I have said and will stick by it, you have a very unique voice that captures attention , it's very confident yet refined. My voice is like a half assed growly wolf man jackish, which my old boss wanted me to focus on using for drawing older listeners. Btw Wolf man jack had a secret for his trade mark voice. This was when you could still smoke in the studio, one end of the ash tray held a Newport menthol non filtered cigarette that was burning and the other end of the ashtray had a " left handed" cigarette burning ( sorry Carlos and Black Horse tries to keep that last one as PG as possible, if it needs to be removed or edited please let me know)

Ocelot55":sxk0af5u said:
Congratulations! Keep us posted!
Thanks Jessie! I hope to achieve the same drive and artistry as you have shown us all with your pipe making in my own media

There are some interesting things going on with podcasts and associated youtube channels. Best of luck.

Congratulations on your new endeavor...let us know when and how to listen to your show.

Walt

Alex, I think it's wonderful when someone follows their heart and something they're passionate about. I won't wish you luck as it sounds as though you won't need it as you've got everything nicely in hand.

Very much looking forward to hearing the fruits of work...

Still trying to relate the title of this thread to the content. Is this an opportunity for...you? A new opportunity thing? If so then I get it. I guess I initially thought you were going to relate news re a opportunity for members. Well, it’s early and I haven’t had my coffee yet. Better get going on that right now.

BTW: good luck. Success couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Btw Wolf man jack had a secret for his trade mark voice. This was when you could still smoke in the studio, one end of the ash tray held a Newport menthol non filtered cigarette that was burning and the other end of the ashtray had a " left handed" cigarette burning.
Some incorrect information in the quoted post. As I noted in another thread, I worked with Wolfman Jack at KUXL in Minneapolis.
Jack smoked unfiltered Camels. The only time I ever saw him smoke any other brand of cigarette was when he'd bum an unfiltered Kool cork tip from me. We did smoke while on air. Jack was producing/recording voice tracks for airplay in California. I believe that his decades long excessive cocaine use was ultimately instrumental in his death.

Soooo... I have been working on a top secret project , Arky asked what it was and I told him " If I tell you I have to Kill you" so obviously I told him and that's why hes been quiet on here.... :joker: Now I am at the point in my project that I can tell everyone what I am up to.... A few of you may know that I was in Radio for the better part of a decade back in the day, I ABSOLUTELY loved my job and excelled in it, down fall, my Boss the station owner was a straight up shady and a D bag and I wasnt going to lose my FCC license due to him and his shenanigans so I signed off for good in 2004. I had started as an intern when I was still in school. I have attended whlay to many Conclaves in Minnesota over the years and made some good contacts and friends in the industry that I maintain correspondence with. On April 13th I lost a damn good friend. Art Bell passed away, I met him at one of the radio conventions I had attended. A young punk, working in Rock radio asking a random stranger if I could bum a cigarette off him.... " Wanna take a ride???" Should be how I started this post as a nod to him. Art and I just clicked and a friendship blossomed over the years. ( I still boycott a certain broadcasting company over the crap they put him through). Being numb at best in my current line of work and losing a mentor I decided it's time for a change. I made a few phone calls, sent a few emails , got the response back that I wanted and started building a recording studio ar my house. I have trade marked my show name and will be officially entering the " Minor leagues " next month with the launch of my web show " Great Lakes High Strangeness " I have decided to transition from my old market of rock and roll and go into talk. I will be covering all things paranormal, my goal with my connections at Iheart is to hopefully get semi syndicated.... my web page is currently being built and my opening and closing music has already been professionally recorded.... so would anyone be interested in giving a listen next month when I go weekly? By July I hope to be broadcasting live and taking calls..... I'm super nervous but at the same time I'm tingling with excitement!!!!
Wishes for success, prosperity, and the God given freedom to speak your mind, state opinions without censors.