Possibly A New Job?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
I got a call from Scan Source yesterday! They wanted to setup a phone interview for Thursday at 12:30! So, I am very excited because this is an international company that is based in Greenville. Lots of room to grow and have upward movement. I would be in a position that is easily applied in other companies, so it would open doors down the road if I got it.

Anyways, prayers and good vibes/thoughts would be appreciated around 12:30 tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous and I'm really praying that this comes through.

As much as I would absolutely miss the shop and would hate to leave it, I make the same money as I did when I graduated highschool. That was 8 years ago! I'm feeling a little stagnate since I can't move any higher and I can't just buy the company from the owner (he wouldn't sell it, this is his retirement plan). I'm a pretty driven person and I don't like just waiting around. The only reason I have stayed so long is that the owner didn't really have anyone who could fill my shoes. I am a very loyal person, so I didn't want to put him in a bind. But we have a new employee who I think the owner could groom him into a manager. Seems like the right time :)

Best of luck to you today Kaitlyn!!!!

:cheers:

Everyone deserves the chance to better themselves, including and especially when they believe they can do more than they currently are.

Go for the gold ring Kaitlyn, and best wishes.

:sunny: 

Cheers,

RR

Best of luck to you Kaitlyn! Greenville is a fantastic town and one I enjoyed living in back when I had an office space over on Laurens Rd. Hopefully you will get the job and be there for many years to come.

The timing is most fortuitous! Don't you think?

Best wishes, and hoping you make more than just money!

Just read this post, so hoping all went well and you knocked their socks clean off! :cheers:

Update:
The interview seemed to go okay. My brain blanked on a couple of simple accounting terms, so I felt a little stupid. He said they would call back within a couple days to tell me one way or another.

One hour later, they called and set up an physical interview for Wednesday!! Yay! So I guess the interview went alright LOL.

Getting back to you in an hour to set up a face to face sure sounds like you showed their piggies the light of day. Good job! :cheers:

I thought I killed it on my interview Wednesday. It was a panel interview with 4 managers! They grilled me for an hour and then I asked my few questions and they said I would hear back in 7-10 days probably.

Received an email this morning from the company... I didn't get the position :( Pretty bummed but life goes on! I just wish they had given me feedback about what I could have done better or how to approach other corporate interviews!

If you have a company or will have a company one day, please don't tell people they haven't been selected by sending them an email. I don't care how big your company gets, it's like breaking up a relationship with a text message. I was really hoping that even if I didn't get the job, I would get constructive feedback on how to interview better or how I can present my qualifications better. That way I would have a better chance at future companies/positions. It's so impersonal to send an e-mail and I don't get a chance to find out what I did wrong. What do you guys think?

Dear Kaitlyn,

Thank you for submitting your resume to ScanSource for consideration for our account analyst position.

We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of other candidates may better fit our needs at this time.

Please accept our best wishes and thank you for your interest in ScanSource.

Well, don't that just suck big time!

Agree that an impersonal bulk e-mail like that is not particularly helpful when it comes to evaluating what you might have done different/better to secure the position. Seems to be the way of the corporate world these days. Easy out.

I'd take heart in the fact you progressed as far as you did in the interviewing process. And then spend some time evaluating the criteria they grilled you on and your responses, with a view to what you perceived they might be after. 

You're probably already doing just this, but that's all I got. And if your heart is set on bettering yourself, this exercise can only help.

It still sucks though. Fortunately it seems you do like your present position, and that's important. Not like being stuck in a place you hate.

Best wishes in your next endeavor Kaitlyn.

:sunny: 

Cheers,

RR